Superior Being and Human Morality

• Thread starter Bartholomew
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Human
In summary: I linked is a pretty good overview of the issue, I think.Next time I'd use a less biased and more trustworthy source, too.
We are not that, we are ridiculous in our brutality, and have been for all of recorded western history. History will remember this civilization for its destructiveness.

Do you not believe that some of the brutality used by ALL civilizations has been necessary? The individual is not perfectly moral and effiicient, until that day comes, people must have slip knots around their heads choking them everytime they stray off the edge, and thereby teaching them harmony and order. Of course that is metaphorical, I hope that it helped you understand my point that brutality helps society advance.

And when I talk of brutality, I am not talking about murder, torcher, or oppression ect.. I am talking about consequence and rule.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Bartholomew
If a superior being is as advanced compared to us as we are to a fruit fly, would there be any immorality if that being swatted us like a bunch of fruit flies?

Good question, on somewhat the same note,

If they were that much more advanced than we were, would we even realize their existence and recognize that we were being killed off by them? That's of course if they decided to treat us like some kind of annoying nuisance

I ask a question, is it immoral for a plant to grow bigger/taller then another species of plant thus taking its sunlight? Nothing wrong with that imo. But to the smaller plant it may figure differently. I think all concerns or moral and immoral behavior sums up to survival. If something needs to die for a species survival it must not be immoral. We are given an instinct to survive so why must necessary killing be immoral.

Back to the question. It would be immoral if the super race to kill us for any other purpose other then their survival. If they needed our resources or us to eat or whatever to continue their survival then I wouldn’t say that would be immoral.

But super beings surely should be able to find an alternative no?