Have you ever seen a spiritual aura around someone?

• Thread starter Bariyon
  • Start date
But as I said above, I've forgotten all about the dream by the time I got the hit so that's not true at least this time. What could be the odds that I would have a dream about the same tree that got hit by lightning later that same night. I'm thinking it's pretty low but I can't figure out how to calculate it.In summary, In summary, the conversation discusses a spiritual experience in which a person saw a blue "bubble" around a speaker at a lecture on native spirituality. The person describes how they observed the bubble and how it behaved, and how their neighbors also witnessed the same effect. They mention the possibility of it being an aura or an energy field, and recommend checking out
Confutatis,

Your experience was almost certainly an elaborate manifestation of the sleep disorder known as sleep paralysis.

I have had several bouts with this myself, at least one of which was as elaborate as yours.

Here is info on sleep paralysis as well as other sleep disorders:

Sleep Paralysis Page
Address:http://watarts.uwaterloo.ca/~acheyne/S_P.html

-Zooby

Physics news on Phys.org
I have heard of paralysis like that before and even know someone who got it. So that part is not so hard to understand and because it is a mental thing and not a physical problem I would think that weird thought processes are possible. I guess I am pretty familiar with weird thought processes as when I prepare to sleep I begin to hear voices talking and sometime songs that I have never heard. No they are not halucinations because with the exception of one time they never seem to be external in nature. There is a name for this that I cannot remember right now but it has been happening to me for as long as I can remember. They do not talk to me just among themselves. No it is not a dream because I will sometimes tell my wife what is going on as sometimes it is quite like watching a movie. But I did have on event where it sounded like two people talking in my room but the sound was in a location that was above the floor so I knew it could not be real. They were talking about how to sign a union book, and I am not in a union and never have been so why that topic I do not know. I just had to look to see and sure enough the voices continued talking but there was no one there.

One other thing that used to happen to me is that I would look for something and be unable to find it. Always said it I set it in another dimension because many times I would end up finding it in the first place I looked or sitting on an open table where I had looked earlier.

Also who has not ducked from something that was coming at them from behind.

Are any of these unexplainable? Not really but I think that the mind can play some serious games on you. Ok one more example of that. I was involved in a trial where my boss was cheating on his contract. He had lots of guys billed to the job but there was not work to do so they started playing games like carry a shovel back and forth in a rely just so they would look like something was going on. Naturally many of the stories were told over and over as it was the main topic of conversation for quite a long time. By the time the trial came some of those events were so clear in my head that it was just as if I was there. I was at the site a few times but I believe that some of these images and stories that are clear as a bell in my head were never observed by me directly. I am not sure and that is the scary part but I can see how after a time something that you think about over and over soon becomes a real event to you.

Originally posted by raptor5618
Ok one more example of that. I was involved in a trial where my boss was cheating on his contract. He had lots of guys billed to the job but there was not work to do so they started playing games like carry a shovel back and forth in a rely just so they would look like something was going on. Naturally many of the stories were told over and over as it was the main topic of conversation for quite a long time. By the time the trial came some of those events were so clear in my head that it was just as if I was there. I was at the site a few times but I believe that some of these images and stories that are clear as a bell in my head were never observed by me directly. I am not sure and that is the scary part but I can see how after a time something that you think about over and over soon becomes a real event to you.
It's called false memories, I believe. Not all that uncommon, if I understand correctly. A person can develop these on their own either by thinking about something over and over or being told the same thing over and over by another person.

Originally posted by Bernardo
So you had a 'natural' experience when you were looking for a supernatural one. It's not uncommon to have an experience like this. This is a sad thing when people are hypocrites. These people you base this opinion on - I don't excuse their conduct, there are too many people out there giving Christianity a bad name. People doing things 'in the name of God' that contradict everything He stands for. People who go to church on Sunday and forget it all on Monday - this really bothers me.

but. . .

To place the burden of our belief in a creator on the conduct of someone else, the creation, is to ensure failure. Preconceptions always lead to disappointment. Have you looked past the teachings of the particular denomination you were in, did you test them like you do in science. Did you ever read your Bible and try to learn on your own when attending, or did you just expect to be spoon fed?

What wisdom do you see being excluded?
This topic is exceedingly old, and stuff, but I might as well answer this.

My feelings are not that a "true" Christianity is being stifled by the failure of its followers. In fact, the opposite. The thing was, as I did read the Bible myself, I begin to see how compromises are constantly made for it. I believed that the goodness came not from the book, but from the people, and that the case is that of the good (and bad) christians having to force their own thoughts through the moderator of scripture. To be a "good" christian, you must be a hypocrite.

It was as Neitzesch said. "God is dead." This statement was not in fact one of atheism, but the philosopher's accusation that christianity had slain God, had slain morality, and is slaying thought. I saw no longer a need to try to put my own sense of right and wrong in a biblical context. I no longer wanted to say "what can we learn from this", because I felt that when we ask this, we are in fact asking "which thing we already believe in can we back up with this passage". And so, one of the reasons I rejected christianity was ironically to reconcile my wish to be a good christian, and not to be a hypocrite.

Wisdom excluded? Voltaire, Confucius, Neitzesch, the Buddha... and so on.

I agree..

..And so, one of the reasons I rejected christianity was ironically to reconcile my wish to be a good christian, and not to be a hypocrite...

Actually its not really all that ironic. I doubt Christ himself would like the state of Christianity. Apologetics??

The mind is a very tricky thing.

I remember a dream I had that incorporated sounds around me into my dream. The janitor of my apartment building had a habit of pushing her cart down the hall with a mop handle sticking out and scraping the wall. My bed was just on the other side of this wall. When this sound hit me, my dream switched to riding the subway. I woke up right after, and still heard the scraping.

The odd thing was, I dreamt about riding the subway for about an hour, but I know the dream only lasted a few seconds. I wondered, did I dream at high speed, or did I implant memories within my dream? I believe it was the latter. This is a bit frightening. If we can implant memories within a dream, how do we know it doesn't happen to our conscious mind?

When I was a kid, we used to wonder about the possibility that everything is just a put on just for you. The whole world you see is really different. It was a fantasy though, with no rational explanation behind it. But what if there really are rational explanations for all memories to be untrustworthy? I'm not talking about little errors. I'm concerned that the clearest memories of the important events in our lives could be wrong. Scary.

Njorl

Originally posted by Njorl
The mind is a very tricky thing.

I remember a dream I had that incorporated sounds around me into my dream. The janitor of my apartment building had a habit of pushing her cart down the hall with a mop handle sticking out and scraping the wall. My bed was just on the other side of this wall. When this sound hit me, my dream switched to riding the subway. I woke up right after, and still heard the scraping.

The odd thing was, I dreamt about riding the subway for about an hour, but I know the dream only lasted a few seconds. I wondered, did I dream at high speed, or did I implant memories within my dream? I believe it was the latter. This is a bit frightening. If we can implant memories within a dream, how do we know it doesn't happen to our conscious mind?

When I was a kid, we used to wonder about the possibility that everything is just a put on just for you. The whole world you see is really different. It was a fantasy though, with no rational explanation behind it. But what if there really are rational explanations for all memories to be untrustworthy? I'm not talking about little errors. I'm concerned that the clearest memories of the important events in our lives could be wrong. Scary.

Njorl

You must have recently watched the Matrix, hey? -Kidding.. I do know what you mean. The deeper the sleep the less our conciousness is governed by time. Thus, no true concept of time, only space when we are dreaming.. Example: You can dream the equivaent of 24hrs in 15 minutes. Dream state is simply a layer of true conciousness minus some somatics. I often confuse dreams I remember with stuff that actually happened. Even scarier, sometimes the memory my dreams come up with truly never happened. But its funny how they seem so factual while dreaming. You think that's scary, how about the explanation that we are in someone else's conciousness when that happens! Even scarier, that someone could be dead! Not the afterlife or reincarnation but our Spirit's ever lasting connection to the UNIVERSE and the Universe to our Spirits. The mind will never be understood by man...

Last edited:
"Has anyone had an experience that lies outside the understanding of present science? "

Consciousness is outside of the understanding of current science.

all to many

if you have read any of my other threads that i have posted you would know that i have had MANY MANY "unexplained experinces" that may never be explained by .

all to many

if you have read any of my other threads that i have posted you would know that i have had MANY MANY "unexplained experinces" that may never be explained by .

all to many

if you have read any of my other threads that i have posted you would know that i have had MANY MANY "unexplained experinces" that may never be explained by science. but yes we have all probably had at some point in our lives have had something hapen to us that cannot at this present time be explained by modern science.

sorry

my apologies for the double post i clicked it twice and had not relized it until after.

I really don't care if there are such things as miracles.

Last edited: