Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Supernova equation of state

1. Jul 10, 2017 #1
    On what does the stiffnes/softness of the SN EOS depends? How does it change with temperature, progenitor mass, or other parameters like compresibility, symmetry energy etc? Would softening in NS EOS lead to softening in SN EOS?

Tnx, Cheers

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2017 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hi there
    welcome to PF :smile:

you have marked you thread at level A = post graduate level
    what study / research have you done yourself so far with this topic so we can get an idea of where you are at ?

cheers
    Dave

4. Jul 10, 2017 #3
    Hi Dave,

well, I am doing a PhD on the Equation of state topic... however, my EOS in for infinite nuclear matter and neutron stars, that is high densities, T=0 and taking into account only neutrons, protons and electrons as degrees of freedom. I made an extension on one of the standard used models (relativistic mean field model with density dependent couplings) and with it i am getting the softening of the EOS for NS. I am curious if it is possible to predict any changes for CCSN EOS that can be deduced from the NS EOS softening, that is, if it will also soften... since the densities are quite different and for CCSN the T is included...

So am trying to learn a bit more about CCSN EOS :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted