1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Superposition Theorem

1. Jul 29, 2009 #1
    Please solve this problem using Superpotion theorem

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

‐ Calculate the voltage, current & power through Resistor R9.
    ‐ Test & Simulation results by using superposition theorem by using ECADtool.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Attached Files:

• Qstn.pdf
      Qstn.pdf
      File size:
      165.9 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 29, 2009 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

No, you solve it. (Show your work and you'll get help. :smile:)

4. Jul 29, 2009 #3
    Please, it's bit urgent and im a computer engineer, i dont have much knowledge about this.
    regards

5. Jul 29, 2009 #4

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The guidelines clearly prohibit us providing complete solutions or helping you until you have posted an attempted solution, or at the very least, your thoughts.

I appreciate that you are a compute engineer, but surely in your course you must have had to attend at least an introductory course on circuitry.

6. Jul 29, 2009 #5
    I have read about superposition theorem and i know serial & parallel connetcions

for SP theorem, i should shortcircut the other connetcions and do the calculation, at the end sum everything together, but my question is,

do i need to conider the loops,
    if i close v2 & v3 and find total currecnt using v1 only. where should i strat from .

if you can give me a solution with V1 only, il try myself for the rest.

please guide me, im not asking for spoon feeding, please give me a guideleine....

7. Jul 29, 2009 #6

CEL

When you short-circuit two of the sources, all you have is one source and several resistors. You can use loop or node analysis or you can use your knowledge of series and parallel connections and calculate the resulting resistence. From that you can calculate the current delivered by the source and work backwords to calculate the current in R9.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook