1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Superstrings theory help would be appreciated.

1. Oct 6, 2005 #1
    I've searched up and down this forum to see if I could find anything on superstrings theory... if I overlooked it, my apologies.

I need help understanding the superstrings theory. And basically past ideas leading up to the superstring theory and the level of depth in which this theory works. If anyone can help me understand it... put up links to other threads in this site that I may have missed (I went to the "Strings, Branes, & LQG" forum but didn't find what I was looking for)... offer links to sites that are easy to understand.... or just explain it to me in here.... that would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just hoping to get a better understanding of the Superstrings theory in general and how it relates to the quantum theory.

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2005 #2
    Hi there,
    superstrings are really intresting, but somewhat hard to understand.
    There is a program by Nova called The elegant universe that explains it really well.
    Here is the link to the site:
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/
    And here is a direct link to where you can watch the programs online:
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/elegant/program.html

On the site you can also find facts and interactive stuff that can help you understand.
    As for my knowledge, these are what you call superstrings if not, I really appologise.

4. Oct 6, 2005 #3
    niiiiice

Thanks Calavera. Even if there isn't much about superstrings in these clips (and by looking at it, it looks like there's a good amount) This will still help me a lot.

Thanks for the links!

keep 'em coming y'all :smile:

5. Oct 6, 2005 #4

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

6. Oct 6, 2005 #5
    haha

thanks for that... I don't know how I missed the first thread in there.

I'l check it out

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?