1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Supersymmetry Demystified

1. Jul 13, 2010 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 13, 2010 #2
    I'm not sure if you want a book that specifically relates to Supersymmetry because Roger Penrose's The Road to Reality is technical yet extremely detailed although it is 1136 pages long (It doesn't discuss Supersymmetry thoroughly but gives a detailed reservoir of ideas and information to understand it easier and with more intuition. I heard that Supersymmetry Demystified isn't written pleasantly, I'm sure there are other books that discuss Supersymmetry with more technicalities and description.

4. Jul 13, 2010 #3
    I'm not looking for any SUSY book in particular right now, still chipping away Zee's QFT. So far I haven't had positive experience with the other Demystified series, so wondering if this book is good for intro, or if one shouldn't even bother with it.

5. Jul 13, 2010 #4
    My experience with the Demystified series is limited to two books, QFT which is useless junk in my opinion, and SUSY which is not. The author of the SUSY book is a PF member.

6. Jul 13, 2010 #5
    Kudos to the author. :smile:

I'll definitely consider it.

7. Jul 14, 2010 #6
    I do not know about the particular book but i own the quantum mechanics book of the series and i have to say that it wasn't demystifying at all. The author took many things for granted so it was quite confusing and difficuld to follow at least for someone who had no idea about the subject.

8. Jul 14, 2010 #7
    Where can one find a preview of the book to browse?

9. Jul 14, 2010 #8
    Amazon has the "look inside" feature.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook