1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Supplementary texts?

1. Feb 19, 2006 #1
    I've been reading up on my first year text books(General Physics) and found some mixed reviews; we're using The Fundamentals of Physics[Extended], International 6th ed, Halliday/Resnick/Walker + Problem Supplement.

I was wondering if there are any supplementary texts worth picking up which will give me a better overview of modern physics and EM.

Thanks in advance :)
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2006 #2
    Well, I think Fundamentals of Physics (7th edition extended, atleast) is a pretty good textbook for getting intimate with the little details associated with everything.

However, if you want to get a hold of the big picture before delving into the details, look into some sort of outline, concise and to-the-point-but-not-fully-descriptive, such as Schaum's Outline of College Physics.

Depends on what you mean by an overview of modern physics and EM. ;)
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?