Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Supplies Help for Project

1. Jan 15, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am the the 10th grade science fair, and my project is over electromagnets. It is which of
    the following factors affects the strength of an electromagnet the most. I then use some like voltage of power source, diameter of core, thickness of wire, and # of coils. Could you guys give me all the materials that I would need, where to buy them and cost? Could you give me ideas as to how to make this project extraordinary? I know I am asking a lot, but my project is due soon, I am under stress from my other homework, and I am just afraid that I will do this wrong.

Please give any kind of feedback.

2. Relevant equations
    None

3. The attempt at a solution

I can't go to store because dad is always at work. I really don't know what materials would make this project a good one.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2010 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Why do you need your dad to go to the store? Buy some tickets, print out a map, and hop on public transit to visit the nearest electronics or hardware store. The Source is a good place to buy wire and multimeters if there's a store near you. For the metal core, you might try Home Hardware or Home Depot.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook