1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Supplies Help for Project

1. Jan 15, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I am the the 10th grade science fair, and my project is over electromagnets. It is which of
    the following factors affects the strength of an electromagnet the most. I then use some like voltage of power source, diameter of core, thickness of wire, and # of coils. Could you guys give me all the materials that I would need, where to buy them and cost? Could you give me ideas as to how to make this project extraordinary? I know I am asking a lot, but my project is due soon, I am under stress from my other homework, and I am just afraid that I will do this wrong.

Please give any kind of feedback.

2. Relevant equations
    None

3. The attempt at a solution

I can't go to store because dad is always at work. I really don't know what materials would make this project a good one.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 15, 2010 #2

ideasrule

Homework Helper

Why do you need your dad to go to the store? Buy some tickets, print out a map, and hop on public transit to visit the nearest electronics or hardware store. The Source is a good place to buy wire and multimeters if there's a store near you. For the metal core, you might try Home Hardware or Home Depot.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook