Support PF: Buy on Amazon.com from here

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, Physics Forums has opened an affiliate account with Amazon.com. This allows 5% of any purchase you make to be sent to Physics Forums. This is a neat idea, and is just another way that Physics Forums is helping to support itself.
Physics news on Phys.org
Oops, we just missed the 10-year anniversary of the PF-Amazon union. :-)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Ok. Let us know if you do sign up for it.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Amazon supplies the materials I use to make and repair my canes and water batons. Prices high, materials limited but doorstep delivery excellent. Using PF portal in Greg's latest post for new swim clothes, water sandals and spare scuba mask/snorkel. Already added sleek Italian fins for surface swimming. :cool:

• Love
  • Haha
Likes jedishrfu and Greg Bernhardt
Greg, you should seriously think about Amazon India. In the past month, we created 20 orders, and the month before, 27. You would have become rich by now.

Just two questions.

Is this for any purchase made on Amazon that is fulfilled by Amazon?

Is it possible to create a link on the front page for ease of clicking link?

Likes BillTre
MidgetDwarf said:
Just two questions.

Is it possible to create a link on the front page for ease of clicking link?
I changed my Amazon bookmark to use that PF URL. Do you type in Amazon.com every time instead of using a bookmark?

• Love
Likes Greg Bernhardt
MidgetDwarf said:
As I understand it, it is for any purchase made on Amazon. Period.

• Informative
Likes Oldman too
Greg Bernhardt said:
Physics Forums has opened an affiliate account with Amazon.com

5% of any purchase you make is sent to Physics Forums. Think about buying your textbooks or electronics... anything here.

Just click this link and the tracking system will register that PF sent you. Or click any Amazon link anywhere you find it on PF. The tracking will be added. Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com
Hi,
If I purchase from Amazon.com in my country using the above link or any other link on PhysicsForums.com, would you receive all my account information including my Phone numbers(residential, office) and residential and office addresses, payment methods(debit card or credit cards details) etc.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Likes Tom.G
I'm pretty sure Amazon does not transmit back anything to PF. There is way too much risk at stake for Amazon to do so and why give away customers to a third party who can then bypass Amazon.

What happens is that Amazon links on PF have tracking info that tells Amazon you clicked on a PF sponsored link. Amazon then credits PF with the click/purchase however that works and @Greg Bernhardt can access the PF sponsor account on Amazon to get PF rewards.

At no time, will Amazon give Greg any information about who on PF clicked nor any of their personal information. It may provide info on the links that were most popular in case Greg wants to advertise them more since that would benefit both Amazon and PF.

On the flipside, its possible that the PF server knows who clicked on a link here but that just ties the click to who clicked it. PF only knows you by what info you gave during signup which is primarily your email address .

Likes scottdave and Greg Bernhardt
@jedishrfu is correct, there is zero information sharing. Amazon has an official affiliate program PF is a part of. All I see is the total commission amount per day.

This is interesting. I am guessing that the transaction would need to be completed in one session to give credit then.

For example if I click the affiliate link and browse, maybe put something in my cart but do not finish. Later if I use another method (my Amazon app for example) to complete the transaction - they probably would not link that sale to the PF affiliate.

scottdave said:
This is interesting. I am guessing that the transaction would need to be completed in one session to give credit then.

For example if I click the affiliate link and browse, maybe put something in my cart but do not finish. Later if I use another method (my Amazon app for example) to complete the transaction - they probably would not link that sale to the PF affiliate.
The attribution remains for 24hrs after click

Likes Wrichik Basu and scottdave
Greg Bernhardt said:
The attribution remains for 24hrs after click
Hence you receiving info on revenue per day. Thanks.

Likes Greg Bernhardt