Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Surpassing time zero

1. Apr 20, 2004 #1
    Usually time in our universe is considered approximately linear after the Planck time, t*, and undefined before it. How time behaves in the region of uncertainty, and even before zero, is a subject of contention.

I propose that the Planck units in general demarcate spherical boundaries of symmetry. In the case of time, such a reflection at t=t* of all actual (virtual) events from t*-->infinity maps onto virtual (actual) events from t*-->0. This duality between real and virtual spacetime parallels the Higgs potential's "true vacuum" (here the familiar t* is transformed into t=0), and also its "false vacuum" (here the familiar extrapolated t=0 is transformed into t-->-infinity).

This correspondence limits our temporal experience to time oscillating between the Planck and Hubble regions (or their anti-symmetry). Forever compounding this mirroring within our finite observable cosmos, there is sufficient room for infinite and infinitely curved time.

My website (below) gives many other applications of "inverted space."

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 20, 2004 #2
    I'm picturing two spheres in contact. The point of contact is at a spactime of exactly zero. One sphere is contracting. One is expanding. The one contracting is feeding energy or matter into the one expanding through the point of contact. When the expanding world reach maximum entropy then it starts to contract. Now the role is reverse. The one contracting now starts to expand.

From one vantage point of view in one world, the matter of the other one appears as antimatter because its time directioon is opposite.

When time is zero, space is also zero because time and space are linked together into spacetime. When time is zero the differential forces of opposite direction are almost equal in magnitude. The net force is the gravity permeating all of three-space and the creation of matter itself.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  4. Apr 20, 2004 #3
    Antonio,

That's as close to what I posit as most any response I have received in the past. Instead of matter/antimatter, though, I had had in mind a real/virtual transition. Now that I think about it, your conjecture could hold here for nested spacetime (as you mention, the reversed time is somewhat equivalent to matter/antimatter duality, as in Feynman diagrams) while my hypothesis (real/virtual duality) is more appropriate for quantum mechanical nested phase spaces (as in my website). I believe that the matter which you mention tranferring across the border would do so by Hawking radiation, a virtual/actual process. Please allow me the possibility of incorporating these ideas eventually into my website.

5. Apr 20, 2004 #4
    Definitely you can incorporate whatever idea posted in the web public domain. I still trying to put enough materials (math and physics) for publication at a known physics journal. Maybe you can give me some needed advice on how to publish. If I ever get it publish, it will be my first and knowing that the first is always the hardest in any kind of endeavor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?