Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Survey:University job or Industrial job?

1. University job

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Industrial job

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Jul 11, 2009 #1
    Hello
    I think for students who get their bachelor or Msc in engineering or sciences,there is an
    important moment and it is when they want to choose between pursuing their future in
    academic way or in industrial way.
    I think having a database of information that has been collected from different people of
    different locations could be a very useful and helpful source for deciding which to
    choose,so i posted this survey topic to gather your experiences about this subject.
    Please in addition to participating in the survey poll,write your
    experience
    and mention reasons why you would choose or have chosen to go
    for university and academic jobs or why you would choose or have chosen to go for
    industrial jobs.

thanks to all who participate in this survey and make it more rich and helpful.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2009 #2
    I would pursue a university job because I am interested in scientific research. I would not mind if I got a position at R&D though. However, since industry is financially more rewarding, most of my countrymen would get an industrial job for 10+ years and then head to academia since it is be less strenuous and they would have secured themselves financially.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook