1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Survive myself with Physics

1. Mar 8, 2016 #1
    Hi everyone,

I am a programmer. Been doing web development post my Bachelors. Physics was my favourite while growing up and even during my bachelor days. I want to return to it. How can I give up my programming career and make some bucks with Physics. I have been thinking of a couple of ways but please put in your ideas also.
    1. Planning to create a couple of Udemy physics courses. I have a nice perspective of fundamental physics and I think I can put the concepts in an interesting way. So, I think turning into an instructor and creating a paid udemy course might work.
    2. Create a youtube channel and make some nice physics videos which can go viral. I need to figure out how to actually do that.

What are your ideas on this, guys??

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

You could get a job at a lab or company where you get to interact with a lot of physicists using your programming skills to do simulations.

You'll probably have to master Matlab and help do conversions of Matlab to C/C++ or Java for production level code.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted