Getting Started with Suse 9.1: Finding the Right Resource

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resource
In summary, the person is new to using a certain operating system and is looking for resources, specifically books or online services, to help them learn how to use it. They ask if anyone has any favorites and mention that they will post a list of their personal favorites later. They also mention a favorite forum/site for helpful information. Another person responds, welcoming them to the world of linux and suggesting they bookmark the link provided. The original person clarifies that they are specifically looking for a beginner's guide.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
As I am new to this OS i need to find a good book, or online
service, on how to use it, has anyone a favourite?

Computer science news on Phys.org
There are a good bit of books that are related to linux beginners. Later tonight or sometime Sunday, I'll post a list of my personal favorites as well as the one's I own. As for websites, I haven't really done much searching for websites related to using linux. However, I can give you the link to one of my favorite forums/sites (tons of helpful information, tutorials, etc.): http://www.linuxquestions.org/

Good luck and welcome to the world of linux!

Thanks Cod.
I will bookmark your link, but i really need a beginners how to.

1. What is Suse 9.1 and why should I use it?

Suse 9.1 is an operating system based on the Linux kernel. It is known for its stability, security, and open-source nature. It also offers a wide range of software and tools for various purposes, making it a popular choice among developers and businesses.

2. How can I obtain Suse 9.1?

Suse 9.1 can be downloaded for free from the official Suse website. You can also purchase a physical copy or download it from other trusted sources online.

3. What are the system requirements for Suse 9.1?

The minimum system requirements for Suse 9.1 are a 64-bit processor with at least 1GB of RAM and 10GB of available disk space. However, it is recommended to have a higher processor speed and more RAM for optimal performance.

4. How do I install Suse 9.1 on my computer?

There are various ways to install Suse 9.1, including using a DVD or USB drive, or through a network installation. The installation process is straightforward and includes step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process.

5. Where can I find resources and support for using Suse 9.1?

Suse offers comprehensive documentation and support on their website, including user guides, forums, and knowledge base articles. You can also find tutorials and online communities dedicated to Suse 9.1 for additional resources and support.