Where Can I Find SUSY Exercises and Problems for Supersymmetry?

In summary, SUSY, or supersymmetry, is a theoretical framework in physics that proposes a symmetry between bosons and fermions. It is important in resolving issues in the Standard Model of particle physics and is related to string theory. Some common exercises include calculating superpartner particles and studying the effects on particle interactions. While there is no definitive experimental evidence, the search for SUSY particles has led to advancements in technology and detectors.
bforcen
Hello

I need a lot of exercises and problems on SUSY (supersymmetry). Do you know any good (and complete!) website where to find them? My teacher in the phD only gives us theory.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
What's the context? String theory? QFT? QM?

Also, I've moved this thread from Advanced Physics Learning Materials. That forum is used to post such materials. This one is used to ask questions. :smile:

1. What is SUSY and why is it important in physics?

SUSY, or supersymmetry, is a theoretical framework in physics that proposes the existence of a symmetry between bosons and fermions. It is important because it helps resolve certain issues in the Standard Model of particle physics, such as the hierarchy problem and the lack of a candidate for dark matter.

2. What are some common exercises or problems related to SUSY?

Some common exercises or problems related to SUSY include calculating the superpartner particles of known particles, studying the effects of SUSY on particle interactions, and exploring the implications of SUSY for cosmology and the early universe.

3. How does SUSY relate to string theory?

SUSY is a key component of string theory, a theoretical framework that attempts to unify all of physics. String theory requires the existence of supersymmetry in order to be consistent, and many of its predictions are based on the principles of SUSY.

4. Are there any experimental results that support or disprove SUSY?

Currently, there is no definitive experimental evidence for or against SUSY. However, experiments at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) are actively searching for signs of supersymmetric particles, and their results have ruled out certain versions of SUSY but have not completely disproven it.

5. Are there any practical applications of SUSY?

While SUSY is primarily a theoretical framework, it has potential practical applications in fields such as condensed matter physics and quantum computing. Additionally, the search for SUSY particles has led to advancements in particle accelerator technology and detectors.