Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SUV and Gas

1. Jun 21, 2004 #1
    During a thread a started a few months ago, many claimed that Sports Utility Vehicles consume extremely large amounts of gas, as opposed to a sedan or other vehicles. (Not talking about those who were speaking only of full-size SUVs)

Edmunds, "Why do you hate the SUV?"

Just thought it would interesting to share.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2004 #2
    Why are you bringing this up again? Just drive whatever you want and keep quiet and nobody will care.

cookiemonster

4. Jun 21, 2004 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I just bought a Mazda 6. I just thought you all should know. :smile:

5. Jun 21, 2004 #4
    Why not? I'm not going to just here and watch, read and hear hypocrites spread false images on SUV drivers making them feel needless guilt. Doing so would be ridiculous :mad:

The people who should keep quiet are the hypocritical groups that seem to have problems with SUVs based on flawed information. Like those publishing biased books out against SUVs ( Keith Bradsher).

They suggest that SUVs were made to destroy the environment and kill people even though they never mention that traffic-related deaths have gone downward despite the record breaking sales of SUVs each year.

Was it the "zoom zoom" catch phrase that drew you in? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  6. Jun 21, 2004 #5
    Each car/vehicle/SUV/anything else you can think of has its advantages and limitations.
    Quit trying to beat up the proverbial dead horse.

7. Jun 21, 2004 #6
    In what way is this topic a "dead" horse?

You have a way of ending your posts without explaining any of your comments.

8. Jun 21, 2004 #7
    This SUV topic has already been discussed before. It's a dead horse, a dead topic.

I explained to you in the first line of my post if you only read it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?