1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

SUV and Gas

1. Jun 21, 2004 #1
    During a thread a started a few months ago, many claimed that Sports Utility Vehicles consume extremely large amounts of gas, as opposed to a sedan or other vehicles. (Not talking about those who were speaking only of full-size SUVs)

Edmunds, "Why do you hate the SUV?"

Just thought it would interesting to share.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2004 #2
    Why are you bringing this up again? Just drive whatever you want and keep quiet and nobody will care.

cookiemonster

4. Jun 21, 2004 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I just bought a Mazda 6. I just thought you all should know. :smile:

5. Jun 21, 2004 #4
    Why not? I'm not going to just here and watch, read and hear hypocrites spread false images on SUV drivers making them feel needless guilt. Doing so would be ridiculous :mad:

The people who should keep quiet are the hypocritical groups that seem to have problems with SUVs based on flawed information. Like those publishing biased books out against SUVs ( Keith Bradsher).

They suggest that SUVs were made to destroy the environment and kill people even though they never mention that traffic-related deaths have gone downward despite the record breaking sales of SUVs each year.

Was it the "zoom zoom" catch phrase that drew you in? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  6. Jun 21, 2004 #5
    Each car/vehicle/SUV/anything else you can think of has its advantages and limitations.
    Quit trying to beat up the proverbial dead horse.

7. Jun 21, 2004 #6
    In what way is this topic a "dead" horse?

You have a way of ending your posts without explaining any of your comments.

8. Jun 21, 2004 #7
    This SUV topic has already been discussed before. It's a dead horse, a dead topic.

I explained to you in the first line of my post if you only read it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?