What Are the Consequences of SWAT Teams Using Excessive Force During Drug Raids?

• News
  • Thread starter zomgwtf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Columbia
In summary, the man arrested on suspicion of drug charges and child endangerment said he is concerned with the actions of police who shot two dogs they described as “aggressive” while serving a drug-related search warrant at his home earlier this month in southwest Columbia. The man's family says they were traumatized by the incident and question why the police needed to use such force to enter the home in the first place.
and while I'm having fruit shaken from my branches, here's another plum.

what is the ultimate purpose of this type of LEO behaviour? because the more i chew my cud on it, the more i think SHOCK & AWE. is the purpose of this type of assault to get a suspect to be so fearful that they stop thinking rationally and spill their guts ? this guy was pretty rational, he wanted a lawyer right away. but then, he's not a tweaking methhead, either.

anyone else have any thoughts or knowledge re this tactic ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Borg said:
I listened to the video again and just realized that the Rottweiller was only 6 months old. How the hell does someone get a dog to be that vicious that fast?

They don't, the police did NOT shoot the dog's in self-defense they shot them in a 'preventive measure'.

Cyrus said:
My question to you is: in what way are you qualified to make such statements concerning how the police should conduct their raids?

Police are not the people who set the laws or decide how anything SHOULD be conducted. That's a great thing about living in a democracy, it's what the PEOPLE think. And I think people should take a stand against these idiotic raids.

As well I HAVE talked to police officers from America who agree 100% with what I've stated. Who have YOU talked to so you can so boldly assert that only police can have valid opinions? Or is that just your opinion? They also say that officers DO shoot dogs as preventive measure in these raids and the majority of the time it is not in self-defense. The law needs to be changed, or do you think that police officers are the only people who can have a valid opinion on that too?
Please.

Yet another useless post to chalk up for you Cyrus.

zomgwtf said:
Police are not the people who set the laws or decide how anything SHOULD be conducted. That's a great thing about living in a democracy, it's what the PEOPLE think.
People are idiots and have overly strong opinions about things they know almost nothing about.. Fortunately, we live in a representative democracy, so the people who set the rules and guidelines actually have some knowledge about what they're doing, rather than a knee-jerk reaction.

Hurkyl said:
People are idiots. Fortunately, we live in a representative democracy -- so the people who set the rules and guidelines actually have some knowledge about what they're doing, rather than a knee-jerk reaction.

Uh, that's not true. A representative democracy just means that there is a person elected to represent the people. It has nothing to do with that persons qualifications, only if that person shall best represent what the people want. If the people call for a change a change shall be made. Doesn't matter what form of democracy you have. The only thing that changes is if all people are required to attend to vote.

zomgwtf said:
Police are not the people who set the laws or decide how anything SHOULD be conducted. That's a great thing about living in a democracy, it's what the PEOPLE think. And I think people should take a stand against these idiotic raids.

I never said the police set the laws, anywhere.

As well I HAVE talked to police officers from America who agree 100% with what I've stated. Who have YOU talked to so you can so boldly assert that only police can have valid opinions? Or is that just your opinion? They also say that officers DO shoot dogs as preventive measure in these raids and the majority of the time it is not in self-defense. The law needs to be changed, or do you think that police officers are the only people who can have a valid opinion on that too?
Please.

Yet another useless post to chalk up for you Cyrus.

You know, talking LIKE THIS, does not MAKE YOUR POINT. It makes you, LOOK FOOLISH. COMPRENDE?

This topic has been beaten to heck. Closed.