1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Switching careers

1. May 3, 2009 #1
    Hello all,

I am new to this forum, and I am contemplating changing careers. I am a professional pilot, and have always been fascinated by the engineering aspect of flying. I have an undergrad degree in aeronautics, but not a lot of math. I am pretty good at math, and am willing to back and take some undergrad courses in math and physics to catch up. I am interested in a graduate degree, but since my undergrad wasn't in engineering, how tough would this be?

Any info would help!

Thanks!

M

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2009 #2
    Charlie-Fox, I am also a professional pilot and also in the process of switching careers. I am burned out and tired of furloughs, low pay, long periods from home and "checkride for your job pressure." I am pursuing a Mathematics degree from UIS and plan on teaching high school math while attending grad school. I would look into UND for your pursuits. UND has a couple of online degree's that apply to what you are looking for. See you at FL410, hopefully not too much longer!

4. May 8, 2009 #3
    Integral,

Thanks! Everybody has given me that "deer in the headlights" look every since I started brushing up on my math skills for my first class. It really gets old, and I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one out there!!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook