Symmetries in Particle Physicsconservation laws

He mentions attaching his solution which includes the conservation laws beyond lepton number conservation, such as isospin and strangeness. He is eager for anyone to confirm if he is correct in his solution.
JamesJames
Assign specific lepton generation numbers and distincguish between antineutrinos and neutrinos for the following reactions. Make appropriate fixes to show that you know about all the conservation laws not just lepton number conservation

[tex]\mu -> e^{-}\nu \nu[/tex]

[tex]\nu n -> e^{-}p[/tex]

[tex]\tau^{-} -> \pi \pi^{0} \nu [/tex]

I have attached what I think is the solution. Can someone tell please tell me if I am correct?

In the attachment, I3 refers to the Z component of isospin and s is the strangeness

James :confused:

Attachments

• sol.doc
    35.5 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Someone?? Anyone?

I am really desparate here guys

Anything you say could help me..
James

1. What are symmetries in particle physics conservation laws?

Symmetries in particle physics conservation laws refer to the fundamental principles that dictate the behavior and interactions of subatomic particles. These symmetries are conserved, meaning they remain unchanged, in all physical interactions and processes.

2. What are the different types of symmetries in particle physics conservation laws?

There are three main types of symmetries in particle physics conservation laws: charge, parity, and time. Charge symmetry states that the physical laws should remain unchanged when the charge of particles is reversed. Parity symmetry states that the physical laws should remain unchanged when the spatial coordinates are flipped. Time symmetry states that the physical laws should remain unchanged when time is reversed.

3. Why are symmetries important in particle physics?

Symmetries are important in particle physics because they provide a deeper understanding of the fundamental laws of the universe. They also help predict the outcomes of experiments and allow for the development of new theories and models.

4. How are symmetries in particle physics conservation laws tested?

Symmetries in particle physics conservation laws are tested through experiments and observations. Scientists use particle accelerators and detectors to study the behavior and interactions of subatomic particles and observe whether they follow the expected symmetries.

5. Can symmetries in particle physics conservation laws be broken?

While symmetries in particle physics conservation laws are believed to be fundamental and unbreakable, there are some theories that suggest they may be broken under certain extreme conditions, such as in the early universe or at high energies. However, these are still theoretical and require further research and evidence.