Symmetry Analysis of Partial Differential Equations

• Thread starter bdj03001
  • Start date
I'm currently taking a symmetry analysis course. It is really interesting. I would recommend it to any math major or anyone interested in ODE's and PDE'S. I am enjoying it very much.

Answers and Replies

is that anything like that "differential galois theory" where you look st symmetries in differential equations?

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
I almost feel sorry that ever since Emmy Noether discovered the theorem in 1918,we physicists like to take a look at symmetries related to physical phenomena (and Lagrange & Hamilton actions & functions),and not to symmetries of PDE-s... :rolleyes: :tongue2:

Daniel.

saltydog
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
bdj03001 said:
I'm currently taking a symmetry analysis course. It is really interesting. I would recommend it to any math major or anyone interested in ODE's and PDE'S. I am enjoying it very much.
Would you kindly briefly explain what this is? I'm interested in differential equations.

Thanks,
Salty

dextercioby said:
I almost feel sorry that ever since Emmy Noether discovered the theorem in 1918,we physicists like to take a look at symmetries related to physical phenomena (and Lagrange & Hamilton actions & functions),and not to symmetries of PDE-s... :rolleyes: :tongue2:

Daniel.

This course is symmetry of PDE's

fourier jr said:
is that anything like that "differential galois theory" where you look st symmetries in differential equations?
Sorry I'm unfamiliar with "differential galois therory"