Troubleshooting Pocket PC Sync Cable Issues

• Thread starter heartless
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cable pc
In summary, you bought a new sync cable, and the first time you plugged it in, it didn't work. The fork that is supposed to hold the cable in place failed to work, so you had to pull it out by force. You now can't connect any cable to the pocket pc, and the charger doesn't work.
heartless
I bought a new sync cable for pocket pc 10 minutes ago, and automatically pluged it into see whether it works. When I already did, I couldn't take out the cable. It has like a fork to stiffly hold in incase someone disconnects the cable inciddently, and one 'fork' (thing to hold in) failed to work, I mean it doesn't work at all, even now. I couldn't take the cable any way I would try, so I just pulled it out by force, and together with that, pulled out half of the pocket pc connector, and now I can't connect any cable to it, nor a charger. I'm completely lost, should I go to the store and tell'em to give me a working cable and fix the entire pocket pc, or what?
Help me,

Physics news on Phys.org
heartless said:
I bought a new sync cable for pocket pc 10 minutes ago, and automatically pluged it into see whether it works. When I already did, I couldn't take out the cable. It has like a fork to stiffly hold in incase someone disconnects the cable inciddently, and one 'fork' (thing to hold in) failed to work, I mean it doesn't work at all, even now. I couldn't take the cable any way I would try, so I just pulled it out by force, and together with that, pulled out half of the pocket pc connector, and now I can't connect any cable to it, nor a charger. I'm completely lost, should I go to the store and tell'em to give me a working cable and fix the entire pocket pc, or what?
Help me,

Due to your ham fistedness you have knackered it chuck it in the bin and buy a new one, so sorry for your loss :cry:

Yep, should have taken the Pocket PC along with the defective cord back to the store and told them to find a way to get it out. Then it wouldn't be your problem.

It sounds as if you're hooped, but I guess it depends upon how friendly you are with the dealer. The warrantee probably would have covered having the thing professionally removed and replaced because it was defective, but yarding it out with Vise-Grips probably voided it. If your dealer is a friend, though, or even just a really nice guy, he might honour it anyway and deal with the distributor himself. Good luck.

Thank you guys for replies and good words. I somehow got it all running today and I can sync and charge pocket pc again. I just lost an hourto get emacs running on it, but I succeeded :)

Last edited:
heartless said:
Thank you guys for replies and good words. I somehow got it all running today and I can sync and charge pocket pc again. I just lost an hourto get emacs running on it, but I succeeded :)
That's great, I'm glad to hear you got it working. :approve:

Next time don't rush pulling the cable.:rofl:

1. What is a sync cable for pocket pc 10?

A sync cable for pocket pc 10 is a cable that connects your pocket pc 10 device to your computer or other electronic device, allowing you to transfer data and synchronize information between the two devices.

2. How do I know if a sync cable is compatible with my pocket pc 10?

You can check the specifications of the sync cable to see if it is compatible with your pocket pc 10 device. You can also consult the manufacturer's website for a list of compatible devices.

3. Can a sync cable charge my pocket pc 10?

Yes, some sync cables for pocket pc 10 also have the capability to charge your device while it is connected to your computer. However, not all sync cables have this feature, so be sure to check the specifications before purchasing.

4. Is a sync cable necessary for transferring data to my pocket pc 10?

No, there are other methods for transferring data to your pocket pc 10 such as using a wireless connection or a memory card. However, a sync cable can provide a more reliable and secure connection for data transfer.

5. Can I use a generic sync cable for my pocket pc 10?

It is recommended to use a sync cable specifically designed for your pocket pc 10 device to ensure compatibility and proper functioning. However, some generic sync cables may also work with your device, but it is best to check with the manufacturer or read reviews before purchasing.