Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Syrian-less Lebanon

1. Jun 10, 2005 #1
    So along the lines of the "role of religion in conflicts" thread, let's discuss Lebanon now that Syria has been 'forced' to withdrawl their troops. The problems in Lebanon originally stemmed from 'religios conflicts', though it seems that the hatred for Syria seemed to unite them. With Syria's rapid deployment (not sure if thats the right word) what will be Lebanon's fate?

Personally i think that the civil war will start up again, because god knows Pres. Habib won't to anything to actually help his country...but that is just my opinion, what do you guys think?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 11, 2005 #2

Staff: Mentor

I think democracy has a real chance. The people appear to want it. However, I can't say I'm all that knowledgeable about the history there.
  4. Jun 30, 2005 #3
    as long as syrian military was in lebanon there was not any major religious conflict. i'm also pessimistic and believe lebanon is going down the same path as before.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?