News Syriana, Depressing and true to life.

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
TheStatutoryApe said:
I believe there is a presidential order stating that the CIA is not allowed to carry out assasinations. Not to say that they wouldn't try to have someone assasinated but I think that they would have to get "independant contractors" for such jobs or help out some other organization that is already wanting to assasinate the person.
I was actually thinking recently that if this is a completely accurate portrayal of how the US conducts foreign relations, why isn't Evo Morales dead?

loseyourname said:
I was actually thinking recently that if this is a completely accurate portrayal of how the US conducts foreign relations, why isn't Evo Morales dead?
He may be soon.

LA PAZ, Bolivia -- The winner of Bolivia's presidential elections has repeated his vow to nationalize oil and gas and said he will void at least some contracts held by foreign companies "looting" the poor Andean nation's natural resources.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/1310AP_Bolivia_Oil_Companies.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Hal von Luebbert

The Mongoose Trick - Syriana

Several friends who know that I was recuited at fifteen to do what the character Bob Barnes does (from what they tell me) for the Company want me to see "Syriana." That's in order, I guess, for me to comment. I'll see it this afternoon. The last time this happened the movie was "The Bourne Identity" (yeah, I know - it was at the dollar theater). Two movies in one year . . . I must be getting old as hell.

If anybody cares, I'll see how "Syriana" relates to reality.

Physics Forums Values

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving

Hot Threads