What is the ideal stepper motor for a Labview-controlled syringe pump?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a syringe pump controller for precision flow rate movements in Labview software. The main concern is finding the right stepper motor and obtaining readings of its movement through a data acquisition device. Suggestions for commercial products and an open source Arduino project are provided.
plj
Hi,
I'm new into this forum. I'm planning to do a syringe pump controller to be used with a Labview software. As far as i know, precision flow rate movements higly depends on having the right stepper motor being used. Has anyone done anything similar on this? I'm looking for the right stepper motor specs to be used on this, and exactly how do i get a reading of the movement by the stepper motor to be read by the Labview via a data aquisition device.
Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks.

Engineering news on Phys.org

What is a syringe pump controller?

A syringe pump controller is a device used to control the flow of liquids through a syringe. It allows for precise and accurate dispensing of fluids at specific flow rates and volumes.

How does a syringe pump controller work?

A syringe pump controller works by using a motor to move the plunger of a syringe, which in turn pushes the liquid out of the syringe at a controlled rate. The controller also has a control panel or computer interface to set the desired flow rate and volume.

What are the benefits of using a syringe pump controller?

Using a syringe pump controller offers several benefits, including precise and accurate dispensing, the ability to control flow rates and volumes, and the ability to automate processes. It also reduces the risk of human error and contamination.

What types of syringe pump controllers are available?

There are various types of syringe pump controllers available, including programmable controllers, manual controllers, and computer-controlled controllers. Some controllers are designed for specific applications, such as medical or laboratory use.

How do I choose the right syringe pump controller for my needs?

When choosing a syringe pump controller, consider factors such as the desired flow rate and volume, the type of liquid being dispensed, and the level of precision needed. It is also important to consider the compatibility of the controller with the syringe and any additional features or software that may be needed for your specific application.