1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

System Engineer

1. Feb 19, 2016 #1
    Hello I just want to know as an System Engineer student in my second year(I have 4 years in total) what kind of physics and mathematics will I use if going to work in a field let's say ( Electronic System or Electromechanical Systems or Computer).

Thank you,

Adrian

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 22, 2016 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

If in the US:

Probably not a whole lot, system engineers are more concerned with component integration into systems and life cycle development/sustainment- neither of which will probably be very physics-y or mathematic-y, beyond simple standard things.

It depends though on who you end up working for, and whats going on at the time.

4. Feb 22, 2016 #3
    Thanks for the info student100.And what kind of engineer field can I join , if for instance I would know : Algebra , Calculus , Vector Calculus , Differential Calculus + Some good physiscs background ( Electromagnetism etc).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook