I have just been invited to a dress up 21st bday party.

• Thread starter rhuthwaite
  • Start date
In summary, the person was invited to a dress up party and was thinking of ideas for what to wear. They were told to go as Tinkerbell, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tomb Raider, or Ummm yeah... and a few others. They also mentioned that they could be a Tease or Trouble. They also mentioned that they have a teddy outfit in their drawer.
rhuthwaite
I have just been invited to a dress up 21st bday party. The theme is that we have to dress up as something starting with T. I was thinking of ideas... I've been told to go as: tinkerbell, teenage mutant ninja turtles, tomb raider, ummm yeah... and a few others.
Does anyone have any good ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Teabag? :cool:

Thanks uhhh how would I do that? I just got told to go as a tramp... not too keen seeing that its in town someone might try to hire me :uhh:

rhuthwaite said:
how would I do that?
Not that I actually expect you to, but...
Get a bunch of gauze such as is used for bandages and make 2 squares about 3 x 3 feet out of a couple of layers. Shred a few black plastic garbage bags to look like tealeaves and glue them to one side of each. Sew the squares (leaf-side in) together with a 2 or 3 inch wide strip of cardboard (or light plastic for durability) around the perimeter to maintain shape. Leave arm and head holes, and the bottom open so you can pull it on like a T-shirt (there's another option :rolleyes:). Then just attach a piece of rope to the top of your head with a big carboard tag hanging off.

Be careful about keeping it clean and maintaining the shape, so no one thinks that it's a botched attempt at a Tampon costume. :biggrin:

You could also make a T-shaped framework out of welding rod or light wooden dowels, cover it with cheap fabric or plastic, and glue road salt all over it. Go as Crystal-T. :tongue:

Uh... :uhh:

moo

moo said:
Uh... :uhh:

moo

Haha. You could be a Tank! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Didn't I read somewhere that "less is more"?

Now on that train of thought, what could possibly start with a "T"... :uhh:

moo

TRAIN!

Tower?

Turtle?

Trogdor

Tiger

Tent!

Tooth/Teeth

etc

The Titanic

Evo said:
The Titanic

The Titanic?? What are you trying to say, that she's fat?

Cat Fight! :tongue2:

I like tee-shirt, but if that's all you're wearing, you might want to get a very over-sized one. :biggrin:

A table? Or a toaster.

tyranosaurus

teradactyl

teapot

turkey

totem pole

tomato

tulip

torch

"...dress up 21st bday party..."

Are you sure it is a costume party? (see "Bridget Jones' Diary")

All things that won't make you look like a complete idiot:
Teacher
Telemarketer
Travel Agent
Taxidermist
Tax Auditor

Mr. T

Going on with trogdor. What about the thnikkaman?? That would be an absolutely hillarious costume if you got that together

You could go as a traffic cop and write people up for talking, eating, or drinking too fast. Make sure you take handcuffs!

A friend of my ex dressed up as Mr T for a fancy dress party once. We shaved the sides of his hair off, and he applied a large amount of black makeup, then clad himself in a vest and lots of fake gold jewellery.

Very un-PC, but very effective, and hilarious since he had a mass of people come up to him over the night admitting that they had initially thought he was black. Nobody seemed to mind either.

How about a Teddy :smile: o:) - not the kind Danger is thinking of :biggrin: . I mean Teddy Bear.

Or since it's near Halloween - a Tarantula.

Astronuc said:
- not the kind Danger is thinking of
You could at least have given me a shot at that before you yanked it away. :tongue:

cyrusabdollahi said:
The Titanic?? What are you trying to say, that she's fat?

Cat Fight! :tongue2:

Fighting here, and kissing in the other thread! :!)

You could be a Tease, or Trouble. Not sure how you'd dress for either, but I'm sure you could think of something. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
You could be a Tease, or Trouble. Not sure how you'd dress for either, but I'm sure you could think of something. :rofl:

Hmm a tease I could think of a few things to wear for that

You could go as a traffic cop and write people up for talking, eating, or drinking too fast. Make sure you take handcuffs!
Haha Traffic cop would be awsome! I love handcuffs not that I uhh ever use them for anything ... :uhh:

"...dress up 21st bday party..."

Are you sure it is a costume party? (see "Bridget Jones' Diary")

All things that won't make you look like a complete idiot:
Teacher
Telemarketer
Travel Agent
Taxidermist
Tax Auditor

I am very sure its a dress up party. I have no issues looking like a complete idiot for one night as long as when it all comes off (when I am getting ready for town) I look hot

A teddy would be cute. I have got a teddy outfit in my dressup box

You could by tatonnement make a costume from tabby, tabinet and tamis
it would not have to be tentiginous, but how about teratoid? as for any thing theiform, sorry.

wolram said:
You could by tatonnement make a costume from tabby, tabinet and tamis
it would not have to be tentiginous, but how about teratoid? as for any thing theiform, sorry.
And here would be a fine example of too much Crystal T... :rolleyes:

What should I wear to a dress up 21st birthday party?

It depends on the theme of the party. If there is a specific theme, try to incorporate that into your outfit. If not, a nice dress or a suit can be a safe and versatile choice.

Do I have to buy a new outfit for the party?

It is not necessary to buy a new outfit if you already have something suitable in your wardrobe. You can also try borrowing or renting an outfit to save money.

Can I wear a costume to a dress up 21st birthday party?

If the party has a specific theme or the host has requested costumes, then it is appropriate to wear one. However, if there is no specific theme, it is best to avoid wearing a full costume as it may be seen as too over-the-top.

What type of shoes should I wear to a dress up 21st birthday party?

It depends on the outfit you choose and the venue of the party. If you are wearing a dress or skirt, heels or dressy flats can be a good option. For a more casual outfit, sneakers or sandals can be appropriate. Avoid wearing uncomfortable shoes that may hinder your ability to dance and have fun.

Is it okay to wear jeans to a dress up 21st birthday party?

It is generally not recommended to wear jeans to a dress up party, as they may be seen as too casual. However, if the party has a specific theme that allows for more casual attire, then jeans may be acceptable.