Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

T Party

1. Oct 23, 2006 #1
    I have just been invited to a dress up 21st bday party. The theme is that we have to dress up as something starting with T. I was thinking of ideas... I've been told to go as: tinkerbell, teenage mutant ninja turtles, tomb raider, ummm yeah... and a few others.
    Does anyone have any good ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2006 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Teabag? :cool:

4. Oct 23, 2006 #3
    Thanks uhhh how would I do that? I just got told to go as a tramp... not too keen seeing that its in town someone might try to hire me :uhh:

5. Oct 23, 2006 #4

Danger

Gold Member

Not that I actually expect you to, but...
    Get a bunch of gauze such as is used for bandages and make 2 squares about 3 x 3 feet out of a couple of layers. Shred a few black plastic garbage bags to look like tealeaves and glue them to one side of each. Sew the squares (leaf-side in) together with a 2 or 3 inch wide strip of cardboard (or light plastic for durability) around the perimeter to maintain shape. Leave arm and head holes, and the bottom open so you can pull it on like a T-shirt (there's another option :rolleyes:). Then just attach a piece of rope to the top of your head with a big carboard tag hanging off.

Be careful about keeping it clean and maintaining the shape, so no one thinks that it's a botched attempt at a Tampon costume. :biggrin:

6. Oct 23, 2006 #5

Danger

Gold Member

You could also make a T-shaped framework out of welding rod or light wooden dowels, cover it with cheap fabric or plastic, and glue road salt all over it. Go as Crystal-T. :tongue:

7. Oct 23, 2006 #6

moo

Uh... :uhh:

moo

8. Oct 23, 2006 #7

Haha. You could be a Tank! :biggrin: :biggrin:

9. Oct 23, 2006 #8

moo

Didn't I read somewhere that "less is more"?

Now on that train of thought, what could possibly start with a "T"... :uhh:

moo

10. Oct 23, 2006 #9
    TRAIN!!!

Tower?

Turtle?

Trogdor

Tiger

Tent!!!

Tooth/Teeth

etc

11. Oct 23, 2006 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The Titanic

12. Oct 23, 2006 #11
    The Titanic?? What are you trying to say, that she's fat?

Cat Fight! :surprised :tongue2:

13. Oct 23, 2006 #12

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like tee-shirt, but if that's all you're wearing, you might want to get a very over-sized one. :biggrin:

14. Oct 23, 2006 #13

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A table? Or a toaster.

15. Oct 23, 2006 #14

Evo

tyranosaurus

teradactyl

teapot

turkey

totem pole

tomato

tulip

torch

16. Oct 23, 2006 #15

DaveC426913

Gold Member

"...dress up 21st bday party..."

Are you sure it is a costume party? (see "Bridget Jones' Diary")

All things that won't make you look like a complete idiot:
    Teacher
    Telemarketer
    Travel Agent
    Taxidermist
    Tax Auditor

Mr. T

17. Oct 23, 2006 #16
    Going on with trogdor. What about the thnikkaman?? That would be an absolutely hillarious costume if you got that together

18. Oct 23, 2006 #17

turbo

Gold Member

You could go as a traffic cop and write people up for talking, eating, or drinking too fast. Make sure you take handcuffs!

19. Oct 23, 2006 #18

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A friend of my ex dressed up as Mr T for a fancy dress party once. We shaved the sides of his hair off, and he applied a large amount of black makeup, then clad himself in a vest and lots of fake gold jewellery.

Very un-PC, but very effective, and hilarious since he had a mass of people come up to him over the night admitting that they had initially thought he was black. Nobody seemed to mind either.

20. Oct 23, 2006 #19

Astronuc

How about a Teddy :smile: o:) - not the kind Danger is thinking of :biggrin: . I mean Teddy Bear.

Or since it's near Halloween - a Tarantula.

21. Oct 23, 2006 #20

Danger

Gold Member

You could at least have given me a shot at that before you yanked it away. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?