How can I prove that T1 equals T2 in this system?

• Thread starter Optikspik
  • Start date
In summary: Well, the easy answer is it's the same rope. When you pull on one end with a certain amount of force, that same force is transmitted all the way back to the point where the other end of the rope is attached.
Optikspik

Homework Statement

How do i motivate that T1 = T2 in this system.

mHxv4Yc.png
without just saying "Oh" its the same rope, like more in depth "why"

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by 'motivate'?

The question is why can we say that t1 = t2 in this problem? Why? What is the reason?:

Optikspik said:
The question is why can we say that t1 = t2 in this problem? Why? What is the reason?:
By assuming that the rope is massless.

Why is t1=t2? Has it something to do with Newtons third law, u guys don't explain very well sorry..

Optikspik said:
Why is t1=t2? Has it something to do with Newtons third law, u guys don't explain very well sorry..

Well, your diagram is open to some interpretation. Is it a static figure? Is there friction present for the surface on which M rests? Are D and M supposed to have the same mass?

If you draw a free body diagram which isolates the sheave, you should be able to determine how T1 relates to T2, assuming of course, you can answer the questions posed above.

.. This dosent help me, just think of a normal pulley problem where T1 is equal to T2, but why? They are equal, but is it because its "one string" or because of "Newtons third law" or why? like common, this is a very easy question, but its quite hard if ur teacher haven't told you (in this case told me)

Optikspik said:
.. This dosent help me, just think of a normal pulley problem where T1 is equal to T2, but why? They are equal, but is it because its "one string" or because of "Newtons third law" or why? like common, this is a very easy question, but its quite hard if ur teacher haven't told you (in this case told me)
Well, the easy answer is it's the same rope. When you pull on one end with a certain amount of force, that same force is transmitted all the way back to the point where the other end of the rope is attached. That's the First Law of Ropes.

1. What is the difference between T1 and T2?

T1 and T2 refer to different types of motivation. T1 motivation, also known as intrinsic motivation, comes from within a person and is driven by their personal interests, values, and enjoyment. T2 motivation, also known as extrinsic motivation, is driven by external factors such as rewards, punishments, or recognition.

2. How can I increase T1 motivation?

To increase T1 motivation, you can focus on creating a positive and supportive environment that allows individuals to pursue their interests and passions. Providing opportunities for autonomy, mastery, and purpose can also help foster T1 motivation.

3. What strategies can I use to boost T2 motivation?

To boost T2 motivation, you can use various strategies such as offering rewards and incentives, setting clear goals and expectations, providing feedback and recognition, and creating a sense of competition or challenge.

4. Can T1 and T2 motivation coexist?

Yes, T1 and T2 motivation can coexist and work together. In fact, research has shown that individuals who have both types of motivation tend to be more successful and satisfied in their endeavors.

5. How can I find out what motivates my team members?

The best way to find out what motivates your team members is to communicate with them and listen to their thoughts and ideas. You can also observe their behavior and reactions to different tasks and situations. Additionally, you can conduct surveys or assessments to gather more information about their motivations and preferences.