Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

T9 predictive text

1. Nov 10, 2006 #1
    Does anyone here knows how to use this t9 feature in cell phones? Some says it's the easiest way to crank out quick SMS messages. Does it really works?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It certainly does make text messaging easier. You should look in your phone's owner's manual for information on how to use it on your phone.

- Warren

4. Nov 10, 2006 #3

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Takes a small amount of getting used to, but it definitely works and is very time saving. My new phone will attempt to predict the next word before you've even started typing it!

5. Nov 12, 2006 #4
    Thanks for the replies guys. Ive seen the manual but dont have any idea how to add new words..:confused:

6. Nov 13, 2006 #5

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That depends on the phone. On some phones, using the abc entry mode will allow you to enter new words, and they are automatically added to the phone's dictionary. On other phones, you cannot add new words.

- Warren

7. Nov 14, 2006 #6
    I think i have figure out how to add new words in my phone's dictionary, I just found a t9 tutor on google it really helps me alot. :cool:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?