Table of Integrals

• Thread starter EngWiPy
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello,
During my derivation, I am faced with the following integral:

[tex]\int_0^{\infty}x^A\,(x^2+x)^{B/2}\,e^{-Cx}\,K_{(B)}\left(2\,\alpha\,\sqrt{x^2+x}\right)\,dx[/tex]

where A, B, and C are positive integers, [tex]K_{(B)}[/tex] is the [tex]B^{th}[/tex] order modified bessel function of the second kind. I am intending to find an equivalent integral in the table of integrals. Can anyone help me, please?

Answers and Replies

Hello,
During my derivation, I am faced with the following integral:

[tex]\int_0^{\infty}x^A\,(x^2+x)^{B/2}\,e^{-Cx}\,K_{(B)}\left(2\,\alpha\,\sqrt{x^2+x}\right)\,dx[/tex]

where A, B, and C are positive integers, [tex]K_{(B)}[/tex] is the [tex]B^{th}[/tex] order modified bessel function of the second kind. I am intending to find an equivalent integral in the table of integrals. Can anyone help me, please?
I think this forum is for general discussions rather than homework help, you should post this in homework help section,
here
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=152"

Last edited by a moderator:
CRGreathouse
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I think this forum is for general discussions rather than homework help
Graduate-level homework is acceptable here. This looks like it might fit -- I certainly didn't do hairy integrals with Bessel functions as an undegrad.

Graduate-level homework is acceptable here. This looks like it might fit -- I certainly didn't do hairy integrals with Bessel functions as an undegrad.
Okay, whatever you say.