Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Table of Laplace transforms

1. Jun 25, 2004 #1
    I need a large table of Laplace transforms, do you know any good ones? Format HTML, Pdf, Ps, Latex or Word (?)

Extra question: what is the Laplace transform of a Gaussian (normal distribution), with mean m and standard deviation s (assume equal to zero for t<0)?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

4. Jun 26, 2004 #3
    why not make your own table? good integration practice hehe :wink: :tongue2:

5. Jun 30, 2004 #4
    I also know how to use Google - but you do not answer my question,
    maybe I should define "Large" as more than, say, 150 transforms.

I do not need to practice integration

6. Jul 22, 2004 #5

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rolleyes:

I typed "large table laplace transforms" into Google. Check out this link. It has 129 Laplace transform formulas.

http://www.convertit.com/Go/ConvertIt/Reference/AMS55.ASP?Res=200&Page=1019

It was the second link that came up. The first was this thread. :rofl:

7. Jul 23, 2004 #6
    Schaum's intro to Laplace transforms has like 300 laplace transforms listed on a big table.

8. Jul 23, 2004 #7
    If it helps, the LT of the error function [tex] \frac{2}{\pi^{\frac{1}{2}} }\int_0^t e^{-u^2} du [/tex] is [tex]\frac {1}{s(s+1)^{1/2}}[/tex]

And since you can always work with the N(0,1) distribution instead of the more general N(m, sigma^2) I think you'll find the aforementioned result useful. If you need the derivation of the Lt just ask.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?