Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Tablets or ebook?

1. May 11, 2013 #1
    I am looking for one that can read electronic text books. The important thing for me is the capability of writing notes and draw diagrams with different colors pen and store it onto the ebook.

It would be nice to be able to use it for MS words and wireless internet capability so I don't have to carry my notebook on travel. I guess a 10 in screen is big enough. Any suggestion and advice?

I have a few important text books in pdf files, it there anything that I can read, write notes, hand draw diagrams onto the pages and store it onto the file?

Last edited: May 11, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2013 #2
    Anyone please?

4. May 16, 2013 #3
    You're looking for a program that will essentially edit pdf files with a stylus and save the changes you make. There are programs that will read PDF files and there are programs that will accept stylus input but i am not sure if there is one that will do both at the same time. At least, all the ones that i have seen do not do what you are looking for.

If there is such a solution available, it would most likely be on a tablet, eReaders are just for viewing ebooks and generally dont allow for any editing. Your better bet would be to post this question on XDA forums, people there will likely have more specific information.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook