Take a total of 4 electives

• Thread starter heman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electives
In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on which electives to take for their degree in Computational Physics. They are considering taking all four electives in Physics, MBA, or Maths, but are unsure which is the best option. They list the courses available for MBA and mention that they can also choose electives from other departments. They express their confusion and hope for guidance in making their decision.
heman
Hi,,

I can take a total of 4 electives ...which i am highly confused,,i think i should take all the 4 from Physics...but my roomie advised to take all 4 from MBA,he says that will give me a lot of confidence and one Friend advises to take all the 4 from Maths..he says maths will provide you the base to do anything,,so i am confused..Please advise me on this one..because finally i will end up in Computational Physics sort of thing..And for MBA courses the list is..

MBA601 ACCOUNTING FOR MANAGEMENT
MBA606 ECONOMIC ANALYSIS FOR MANAGEMENT
MBA609 FINANCIAL INTERMEDIARIES, FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS & REGULATIONS
MBA611 ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE AND BEHAVIOUR
MBA618 GLOBALIZATION , STATE & CORPNS
MBA622 MANUFACTURING STRATEGY
MBA623 STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT
MBA626 MANAGEMENT OF TECHNOLOGY
MBA628 INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
MBA630 ECONOMICS OF BUSINESS POLICY
MBA631 MARKETING MANAGEMENT
MBA634 CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR
MBA637 BUSINESS TO BUSINESS MARKETING
MBA641 COMPUTING FOR MANAGEMENT
MBA651 QUANTITATIVE METHODS FOR DECISION MAKING
MBA664 SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
MBA675 INFRASTRUCTURE REGULATION, POLICY & FINANCE
MBA676 SECURITY ANALYSIS, DERIVATIVES & PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
MBA697 SUMMER PROJECT

I am not posting the list of Physics and Maths courses coz that's pretty long...but you can think of all of them,,

My point is that i will take all the 4 from same field..

Physics news on Phys.org
and yeah i can take elective from any dept. like Material science , Aerospace ,Chemical...so having many choices is like having none...

Hello,

I understand your confusion and dilemma regarding which electives to take. It is important to carefully consider your academic and career goals when making this decision.

In terms of your interest in computational physics, I would recommend taking at least two electives in physics and two in mathematics. This will provide a balanced and strong foundation for your future studies in computational physics.

However, if you are also interested in pursuing a career in business management, then taking electives in MBA courses can also be beneficial. In this case, I would suggest selecting two electives in physics or mathematics and two in MBA courses that align with your interests and career goals.

It is also important to consider the specific courses within each category that will be most relevant to your future plans. For example, if you are interested in pursuing a career in supply chain management, then an elective in MBA664 Supply Chain Management would be highly beneficial.

Ultimately, the decision should be based on what will best support your academic and career goals. I encourage you to consult with your academic advisor and consider your interests and future plans before making your final decision.

Best of luck with your studies and future endeavors.

1. What are electives?

Electives are courses that students can choose to take as part of their academic program, usually in addition to required courses. They allow students to explore different subjects or areas of interest outside of their major or core curriculum.

2. How many electives do I need to take?

This can vary depending on the requirements of your specific program or institution. Some programs may have a set number of electives that need to be completed, while others may give students more flexibility in choosing electives. It's important to check with your academic advisor or refer to your program's curriculum guide to determine the number of electives required.

3. Do electives count towards my degree?

Yes, electives typically count towards the total number of credits needed to complete a degree. However, it's important to make sure that the electives you choose align with your program's requirements and do not exceed the maximum number of allowed electives.

4. Can I take any elective I want?

It depends on the policies of your institution and your program. Some programs may have specific guidelines or restrictions on the types of electives that can be taken. It's important to check with your academic advisor or refer to your program's curriculum guide for guidance on choosing electives.

5. How do I choose which electives to take?

Choosing electives can be a great opportunity to explore subjects that interest you and complement your major. You may want to consider your career goals, areas of interest, and any prerequisites or recommendations for certain courses. It's also helpful to seek guidance from your academic advisor or other faculty members for suggestions on electives that align with your academic and career goals.