Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Take me first!

1. Feb 28, 2004 #1
    I want to go to Mars. Why not me? I am older and if worse came to worse, say we couldn't get back, then I would not be panicky or depressed about it. I don't want to go to the Moon, only Mars. Maybe there is something there. I wouldn't mind being "Robinson Caruso on Mars". I have much knowledge (electronics, communications, mechanics). I would be a good person to have along. Someone out there put in a good word for me. You never know.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2004 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I really enjoyed the movie "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" when I was younger. Ever watch it?

4. Feb 28, 2004 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

We'll see if that can be arranged. :wink:

5. Feb 28, 2004 #4
    Yes, and I would like to see it again.

6. Feb 28, 2004 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Me too!!! I have a "terrible" copy of it on VHS that I made years ago. Mona the monkey was very cool! And I don't particularly care for monkeys.

Ok, I've got to go watch it now.

7. Feb 28, 2004 #6
    My thoughts about the Moon and Mars are the same, except Mars has an atmosphere and is a shade of red. If I were to go there id think I were on a colored Moon.

Earth seems to be a far more interesting place to be IMO.

8. Feb 29, 2004 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, why don't you go on an airplane and visit some unexplored areas on this earth? You'd run into far stranger cultures.

9. Feb 29, 2004 #8
    Ah so, Lassie, but aye quest for the unexplored, the strange, the completely unexpected. Maybe like the movie, thar mite even be aliens thar.

10. Feb 29, 2004 #9

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new lives and new civilisations, to boldy go where noone has gone before*

Something like that?
    In which case you've (and I) been watching Star trek a few times too many :wink:

11. Feb 29, 2004 #10
    I liked the original series with Kirk, Spock, etc. Wish they would do another grand one with the original crews.

12. Feb 29, 2004 #11
    Rather risky... never know when you'd run into cannibals who lust for your brains.

edit: Then again, if you go to Mars then you risk running into hideous aliens who lust for your brains.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  13. Feb 29, 2004 #12
    Nah, if the aliens tried to be mean to me I would just tell them eye staid at a hollyday inn express last nite.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?