Taking high school all over again

In summary: I don't know. Mine was philosophy of quantum mechanics. I've realized that although I appreciate the insight math and science gives me, there are things out there I'd rather be doing - being a musician, sailing around the world, scba diving, jumping with a parachute.. the list goes on, but I suppose in the end you'll say grow up dude, those are just dreams and illusions wrapped in selfish view of the world. I... I don't know.
Pengwuino
Gold Member
Oh my god I am taking all of high school all over again all at the same time as far as science goes. Biology, chemistry, physics, math! And its kicking my ass all over campus.

What i hate:

Physics: nothing, except i want to jump out the window because of all the crap our professor makes us do and she just surprises you at any moment by going "oh yah and derive this by wednesday". She also wants diagrams of everything, even things that you can't possibly imagine having a diagram associated with it.

Biology: nothing i can derive, everything to memorize, nothing from the book :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Chemistry: It all seems random! It's like some omnipotent force is just taking a formula-wizz on me with no rhyme or reason. I mean with physics, you get the lorentz transformations and you can go to town! But not this crap.

Math: Can anything good be said about it? Oh yah, one thing, a low flying airplane made a racket one day and i was hoping it was going to slam into our building and kill us all.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought you knew Physics hands down.

You seem to participate often enough down in the Physics forums.

Are you in high school right now?

JasonRox said:

Are you in high school right now?
I'm also perplexed by your post.
Are you still in high school or having the high school experience again? :\

Pengwuino said:
Oh my god I am taking all of high school all over again all at the same time as far as science goes. Biology, chemistry, physics, math!

Why on Earth would you want to do that ?

marlon

He means, imo, that he is covering all of what he covered in high school in one semester of college. Meaning that he is taking biology, chemistry, physics, and math all in one semester, and he is finding it difficult.

Is the young penguin fellow already in college?

biology gets worse, I absolutely HATED botany and zoology, which I thought I would enjoy. How many different sponges and worms do we really need to know about? I wanted to learn about monkeys.

mattmns said:
He means, imo, that he is covering all of what he covered in high school in one semester of college. Meaning that he is taking biology, chemistry, physics, and math all in one semester, and he is finding it difficult.

We are lucky they even cover it in college/university.

tribdog said:
biology gets worse, I absolutely HATED botany and zoology, which I thought I would enjoy. How many different sponges and worms do we really need to know about? I wanted to learn about monkeys.

monkeys have tails, apes don't and apes have bigger brains. there. last 4 million years in a nutshell :biggrin:

cronxeh said:
monkeys have tails, apes don't and apes have bigger brains. there. last 4 million years in a nutshell :biggrin:
why did I spend half the semester learning about sponges? I mean, you seen one sponge you've seen one sponge. I felt like we were learning sponge's on a first name basis. This sponge is Bob. This identical sponge is Joe. this sponge which appears to be exactly like the other two is Angela.

Likes WWGD
tribdog said:
why did I spend half the semester learning about sponges? I mean, you seen one sponge you've seen one sponge. I felt like we were learning sponge's on a first name basis. This sponge is Bob. This identical sponge is Joe. this sponge which appears to be exactly like the other two is Angela.

Are you nuts? I was fascinated that that little crap is not only organic, but I could rub my back with it! :bugeye:

No, but seriously.. zoology lab was a fascinating time for me. Sometimes I wish I haven't dropped out, but then there are the other times.

When I think back to all my college classes I realize that I didn't enjoy most of the classes in science and math. Which I thought of as my favorite subjects. The class I enjoyed the most and looked forward to was a short story class.

tribdog said:
When I think back to all my college classes I realize that I didn't enjoy most of the classes in science and math. Which I thought of as my favorite subjects. The class I enjoyed the most and looked forward to was a short story class.

Mine was philosophy of quantum mechanics. I've realized that although I appreciate the insight math and science gives me, there are things out there I'd rather be doing - being a musician, sailing around the world, scba diving, jumping with a parachute.. the list goes on, but I suppose in the end you'll say grow up dude, those are just dreams and illusions wrapped in selfish view of the world. I say you right, but then again who knows if at the end I won't have found what I really wanted to be doing and saved a whole lot of time through the process. I also liked mechanical engineering but mostly because I thought I'd be able to build my own things (rockets, submarines, sailboats, cars, etc). The world is rarely driven by selfish people, and foresight of that is a gnawing burden.

what the hell are you talking about? You should have taken some public speaking classes, or maybe some "what's your point" classes.

tribdog said:
what the hell are you talking about? You should have taken some public speaking classes, or maybe some "what's your point" classes.

You liE! you take that back this instance! :cry:

Pengwuino said:
Math: Can anything good be said about it? Oh yah, one thing, a low flying airplane made a racket one day and i was hoping it was going to slam into our building and kill us all.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Your lucky compared to my class.Our teacher expects us to fail test
she "retakes will be next week".Of cource she's boring and dosen't do a good a job teaching us stuff.You know how she get's to pay atttieon,she holds detion slips and says if you don't have your eye's on me "I'll write you up" and of cource she writes up students who look at there paper write notes. We really badly want an astroid killing us all when were in there.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Can someone help us:uhh:

tribdog said:
I don't know, I always thought the acorn worm was an amusing little creature that I'd have never known about if it hadn't been for biology classes. The classes I taught never forgot that one either after I popped a picture of it up on a slide. :biggrin:

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461532447/Acorn_Worm.html

Last edited by a moderator:
mattmns said:

Yah, my first year of HS was physics, 2nd was biology, 3rd was chemistry, 4th physics again... and math all during that... and right now my schedule in college is just all of those subjects crammed down my throat again all at once for this semester. I hate my bio class so much. Most of the material is out of the lecture and I am at that point where i could probably learn everything that class gives out in 5 days but i won't be able to unless i actually go to the lectures! And there's 250 people in there! You know how hard it is to switch out 500 people (same class after)

Last edited:
JasonRox said:

But in reality, i don't know what in the world I am talking about, muhahahaha :devil: :devil: :devil:

Moonbear said:
I don't know, I always thought the acorn worm was an amusing little creature that I'd have never known about if it hadn't been for biology classes. The classes I taught never forgot that one either after I popped a picture of it up on a slide. :biggrin:

http://encarta.msn.com/media_461532447/Acorn_Worm.html

THX Dr MOONY :eek:

i just made that coffee.. so fresh.. so hot on my chest :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pengwuino said:
Yah, my first year of HS was physics, 2nd was biology, 3rd was chemistry, 4th physics again... and math all during that... and right now my schedule in college is just all of those subjects crammed down my throat again all at once for this semester. I hate my bio class so much. Most of the material is out of the lecture and I am at that point where i could probably learn everything that class gives out in 5 days but i won't be able to unless i actually go to the lectures! And there's 250 people in there! You know how hard it is to switch out 500 people (same class after)
Just do the best you can do! :smile:

1. What is the purpose of taking high school all over again?

The purpose of taking high school all over again is to improve academic performance, gain a better understanding of subjects, and potentially increase college or job opportunities.

2. Can anyone take high school all over again?

Yes, anyone can choose to retake high school courses. However, it is typically done by individuals who did not perform well in high school or want to improve their grades for college admission.

3. How long does it take to complete high school again?

The length of time to complete high school again can vary depending on the individual's schedule and the number of courses they need to retake. It can take anywhere from a few months to a full school year.

4. Will retaking high school courses affect my GPA or transcripts?

Yes, retaking high school courses will affect your GPA and transcripts. If you improve your grades, it will positively impact your GPA. However, if you do not perform well, it can negatively affect your GPA and transcripts.

5. Are there any alternatives to taking high school all over again?

There are alternative options for improving academic performance, such as tutoring, online courses, or summer school. However, retaking high school courses may provide a more comprehensive review and understanding of the material.