Taking my knowledge on further

• Thread starter geomot
  • Start date
I've just entered the high school teaching profession after fiteen years as a professional engineer working for Ford, GM etc, and I need a bit of refreshing my skill base.

The highest level I am teaching is British A level (17-18 yr old high school) qualifications - which is well inside my knowledge but feel the need to ensure I am OK upto 2nd year university physics

(My degrees are both electrical engineering - so this quantum stuff is a bit alien to me)

Any suggestions of where to go on the internet to bring myself back upto speed - preferable not too mathematical - I topped out on fourier & laplace about fifteen years ago so no complex matrix manipluations please.

Thanks (in expectation)

George

Any suggestions of where to go on the internet to bring myself back upto speed
You've already found one place, welcome :smile:

As our Mentor Tom would say "PF: The next best thing to university"

Ask some questions, browse around the forums and you'll be caught up in no time.

Theres a web site called hyper physics or something similar. It is a collection of "slides" that cover much of introductory physics in a connected idea kind of way. I'm not sure of the exact web address, but if you google hyper physics it should come up.

-Gabriel

zare

yeah this forum is really great ;)

as for hyperphysics, it's awesome site, with nice navigation and lots of info :

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/

if you want to search for something specific you can use eprint archives, they got tons of pdf-s regarding all aspects of physics (bit more harder stuff, can have lots of math)

http://xxx.lanl.gov

and of course, the google directory, under science/physics.