Farewell and Best Wishes from Thallium!

• Thread starter Thallium
  • Start date
In summary: I don't think that's really what's causing the problem. More likely it's that people are repeating themselves. And also, it's not like there are a lot of new and improved physics tutors around. Some people might be interested, but most people probably aren't. In summary, the author is leaving the forums because they feel they've become too commercial and there are too many topics being repeated. They say goodbye to everyone and wish them all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. They also say that they are still "above all that" and that you are all just usernames to them. Finally, a word from our sponsors is featured.
Thallium
Yes, I have decided to say farewell. I feel that the forums have become so commercial lately and there are so many topics being repeated. I need new food for thought. So..

Farewell and Good Luck to everyone in whatever they do!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Kindly,
Thallium

Physics news on Phys.org
You're still here?

Commercial? I don't even understand that comment. :confused: Too much holiday eggnog perhaps?

He'll be back...muwahahahaha! :biggrin:

I'd also like to add that I'm "above all that" and you're all just usernames to me :biggrin:

Adios, goodbye and sayonara too

I agree for the most part.

Sometimes I don't understand what's funny. Everyone laughs at the dumbest thing. The people who I thought were funniest weren't on the list to vote. Weird.

I know, that guy that won is sort of a jerk. And irritating too. I wish he was the one leaving.

And for the last time, I am a SHE, not a HE! Female, woman, shedevil, girl, lass, gal, bird, chick, babe!

Thallium said:
And for the last time, I am a SHE, not a HE! Female, woman, shedevil, girl, lass, gal, bird, chick, babe!

:redface: Sorry 'bout that. But see, my clever trick worked, you had to come back. :biggrin:

Really, what did you mean by "too commercial?" There are various reasons people leave, and I can understand if you are just heading somewhere else for more variety (some forums here seem more redundant than others), but I didn't get the commercial part. Maybe it's something fixable.

Well, I don't completely know how things can get too redundant here either. There are forums in here I haven't even had time to visit yet, let alone time to get bored of repeated questions. To each her own I suppose. Keep visiting once in a while. Don't be a total stranger.

Thallium said:

If we pay more attention to your femininity, will you stay?
Please say you will :blushing:

Now for a word from our sponsors:

"Buy New Improved PhysicsTutor Excalibur. Only a buck fifty in all leading liquor stores".

What is "Farewell and Best Wishes from Thallium!" about?

"Farewell and Best Wishes from Thallium!" is a scientific paper that discusses the properties and uses of thallium, a chemical element with the symbol Tl and atomic number 81.

Why is thallium important?

Thallium has many important uses in various industries, including electronics, medicine, and glass manufacturing. It is also used in the production of photoelectric cells, infrared detectors, and as a catalyst in organic chemistry reactions.

What are the physical properties of thallium?

Thallium is a soft, silvery-white metal that can easily be cut with a knife. It has a low melting point of 304 degrees Celsius and a boiling point of 1,473 degrees Celsius. It is also highly reactive and can form compounds with other elements.

Is thallium dangerous?

Thallium can be toxic to humans if ingested or inhaled. It has been used as a poison in the past and can cause serious health issues such as nerve damage and organ failure. However, with proper precautions and regulations, thallium can be used safely in various industries.

What research has been done on thallium?

Research on thallium has been ongoing since its discovery in 1861. Scientists have studied its chemical and physical properties, as well as its potential applications in various industries. Additionally, there have been studies on the potential health effects and environmental impact of thallium exposure.