1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Taking undergrad deficiency course PHY

1. Apr 21, 2010 #1
    I came from EE background. Though I got admit for grad programe for EE, I am thinking of changing to physics grad programe . So, I am still thinking of taking some under grad physics course as deficency course for grad physics. These are the course I am thinking of taking of undergraduate class.

1>Clasical mechanics I&II
    2>Quantum Mechanics I&II
    3>Electromagnetics I&II
    4>Statistical Mechanics I&II

But the problem is i can take only 9 credit/sem. So, I am thinking of taking 1,2 & 3 (part I of all) and next sem 1,2 &3 (part II of all). I really want to complete these course in 1st year such that next year I can take grad course. I will be missing 4(stat. mechanics) and I am just thinking how do i squeezed it in 1st year itself?
    Other question I want to ask is are these the only core course we need to take to supplement the grad course for non-physics major folks? Any idea from expert will be of great help.

Finally I have one small social issue concern. I think this shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone have idea for a person like us, who has crossed his undergrad age(something of 28+),how difficult or how awkward it will be to sit with kids for taking these classes :) . I hope they don't poke fun on us for late comer or sth. else :) . Any first hand experience on this situation is welcome to comment on this query.Thx.
    R

2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted