Taming animals

• Thread starter tabloid
  • Start date
Evo
Mentor
Yep. My possum friend sometimes waits under the steps for me to bring out something to eat or drink. He can be a bit messy when he eats though. And he's a little noisy with his bowl. But I haven't tried to train him with that yet. So far just a pet on the back now and then. Good boy good boy :smile:
I could always tell when my possum was eating, they are very noisy eaters. Then the puddle of drool was always a dead give away.

~christina~
Gold Member
Don't feed the squirrels!

They're natural born muggers!

One trapped my ex-wife in a corner and wouldn't let her go until she gave up her fudgesickle.

:rofl:

This reminds me of the time a squirrel tried to follow me home after I fed it some Doritos.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Don't feed the squirrels!

They're natural born muggers!

One trapped my ex-wife in a corner and wouldn't let her go until she gave up her fudgesickle.

Mugging? You must live in a "good" neighborhood. Squirrels where I grew up would resort to breaking and entering to get to the stash of peanuts. They ate their way through the screen door, came in, raided the peanuts, and headed out through another hole in the screen door (apparently finding the first hole they made already isn't something squirrels are good at).

Joshua9620
Drew I completely agree with you cause I have been catching and taming mostly babies and juveniles and rarely adults of native species such as Sqiurrels, rabbits, geese, crows, gulls, robin, chipmunks, raccoons, skunks, cats, bears, coyotes, foxes, mountain lions, bears, frogs, sparrows , etc. as well as animals from other places of the world but babies ofc like tigers, leopards, lions , chimps, capuchins, and wild caught parrots and macaques it is possible over time and only an animal lover can understand animals especially these days were ppl steretype pitbulls but they are actually being abused and tortured by owners or fighters and people kill animals for fun and various ****. there is this documentary of animal abuse and it made me cry and this youtube video of chinese fur farms and raccoon dogs and skinning them alive like wat did animals ever do to us tht these pussies have to torture them

turbo
Gold Member
I have a dog now, and I discourage wild animals from associating with me for his sake. Before I got Duke, I was routinely assaulted by chipmunks who wanted to climb me and search my pockets looking for sunflower seeds.

munkonlegcomp.jpg

Drew I completely agree with you cause I have been catching and taming mostly babies and juveniles and rarely adults of native species such as Sqiurrels, rabbits, geese, crows, gulls, robin, chipmunks, raccoons, skunks, cats, bears, coyotes, foxes, mountain lions, bears, frogs, sparrows , etc. as well as animals from other places of the world but babies ofc like tigers, leopards, lions , chimps, capuchins, and wild caught parrots and macaques it is possible over time and only an animal lover can understand animals especially these days were ppl steretype pitbulls but they are actually being abused and tortured by owners or fighters and people kill animals for fun and various ****. there is this documentary of animal abuse and it made me cry and this youtube video of chinese fur farms and raccoon dogs and skinning them alive like wat did animals ever do to us tht these pussies have to torture them

Careful, as a human you have a great gift, empathy; use it wisely...