Tank Level Monitor

• Thread starter reinaldo
  • Start date
Tank Level Monitor!!

Hey Everybody!!....i have a concern!!......i need to do a circuit that moniotors me the level of a fluid in a tank.....the thing is that i have the design....but i need to count 5 seconds everytime that the liquid gets to the next level......i mean......

the tank is empty.....you start pouring water, when it gets to the first level it must activate a circuit that counts me 5 seconds....after that you continue pouring water, when you get to the next level it counts again 5 seconds!!!and so on to the 8th level.....how would you do that??.....what kind of circuit would you need there?......thanks a lot!!!....i´ll left you the schematic so you can see it!!.....

Attachments

just a small timer like 555 to count 5s. how are you puring water? because after 5s you need something to latch it to pour the water. if it takes a high signal to signal start of pour water then keep it low, after 5s sent high signal.

as to how to activate the signal, a method possible are capacitor sensor. look for a book called capacitive sensor by Baxter. Also what sort of accuracy?

Maybe you can send some current. When it hits the level you want, current will flow and complete a circuit, you start timer. once 5s pass, pour water and wait for next stage.

Its just a simple circuit!!......i will pour the water.....when it gets to the first level i´ll stop....and the timer must count 5 secs...and show it.....ist to simulate or assume that there goes a circuit that stops the Pump for 5 secs or Xsecs and after that continues pouring until next level and so on......my point is......should i use a monoestable resetable?...or something else?.....how with the same timer do i count the five secs and show it and then five seconds again...etc.....thanks!!

which sensor you are using................

what do you mean "and show it"? Indicate that 5 seconds have gone by? You can do that with a 555 timer configured as a monostable oscillator. A sample schematic can be found at this link: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rpaisley4/LM555.html#2

What are you using for the senors? are you just using a float type sensor?