1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Technical description

1. Mar 2, 2010 #1
    technical description.
    I want to know what exactly is technical description?
    Any example, and recommendation on what topic I should choose?

Just a bit about technical description, and I can choose my own one. ATM, I am very confused.

Thank you
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 2, 2010 #2
    Basically, a technical description is specification of the object. You go into all the technical details a user would need to know to use the device. http://www.dell.com/us/en/business/notebooks/laptop-latitude-z/pd.aspx?refid=laptop-latitude-z&s=bsd&cs=04&~ck=mn&dgc=IR&cid=dellhp&lid=bn2&ref=hbn [Broken]<- the technical description is a combination of the overview (what the device does), the specs (what it consists of), and occasionally the design (what makes it shiny.) It depends a bit on what the purpose of the technical description is.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Mar 3, 2010 #3
    Continuing what story645 said, you can include
    Background - a brief history of computers, and a description of typical use
    Fundamentals - equations or thories that govern the computers, such as electicity or binary code. Careful with this section,
    computers are complex and you can quickly get in over your head
  5. Mar 5, 2010 #4
    Hi, thank you very much.
    I decided to write about those flexible keyboards.
    Thanks ^^"
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook