Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Technical problem

1. Jan 25, 2007 #1
    why is my post count stuck on 4 when i've posted at least 14? It is starting to bug me a little, just because i like to know how much i post, to tell when i need to lay off for awhile...:frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 25, 2007 #2
    It depends on the quality of the post, as decided by a mentor.

4. Jan 25, 2007 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

That can have an effect too, but in this case it's because you only have 4 posts outside the General Discussion forum. I believe your post count only reflects posts in technical forums, not in the GD.

5. Jan 25, 2007 #4
    You just ruined a perfectly good lie. Thanks. :rolleyes:

It was the perfect way to keep the quality of posts high.

6. Jan 25, 2007 #5

berkeman

Quiz Question -- What movie is that line from? :biggrin:

7. Jan 25, 2007 #6
    Because no one likes your posts.

General Discussion doesn't count towards your postcount, but cleverly if you ask this in Feedback you'll get a count. Some sections are deemed too frivolous or unrelated to gain you a post I supose. That's why so many people double post instead of editing, it doesn't really matter. And why so many spam threads get in :smile: and stay in. I'm naming no names hear *ahuuum* sorry just clearing my throat.

8. Jan 25, 2007 #7
    x post, see what I mean :smile:

9. Jan 25, 2007 #8
    Cassablanca?

10. Jan 25, 2007 #9
    GOOD, you did pay attention. You got what I was thinking when I wrote that.

IM NOT FALLING FOR THE BANANA IN THE TAIL PIPE!

11. Jan 25, 2007 #10
    Ah of course, Beverly Hills Cop. I've only seen it 4 times :smile: sorry.

12. Jan 25, 2007 #11

Evo

Unlike other forums where members are ranked by post count, post count doesn't give you status here at Physics Forums, instead we rank the quality and accuracy of posts along with a willingness to help others. People that meet this criteria are awarded positions such as "science advisor" and "homework helper" regardless of the number of posts they have made.

13. Jan 25, 2007 #12

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or "engineering hero". Oh no wait, that isn't one at all. Hmmm...

14. Jan 25, 2007 #13

Evo

And sometimes members that are supposed to get advisor ribbons are missed. :frown:

15. Jan 25, 2007 #14

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Heh!

How about "technical uberlord" or "henchman of the realm"? Either would do just nicely. Ooh and make the ribbon pink please. Or orange. Yeaaahhhhh orange!

16. Jan 25, 2007 #15

radou

Homework Helper

The ribbon is actually the most exciting part. There's something about it. :smile:

17. Jan 25, 2007 #16
    Yes, quality is important. As you can see, I have never posted anything useful here at PF. I rarely post outside of GD, and usually when I post in the homework section I am asking a question and somebody points out how trivial my question was and I move back to GD for a while :smile:

18. Jan 26, 2007 #17
    I genuinely think their should be a ribbon for smart alecky wise ass :wink: :smile:

It's like a medal really, something tangible to recognise something. I'm not sure mine represents much, other than my respect for PF.:smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?