Post Count Stuck: Troubleshoot & Fix 14 Posts

• Thread starter Beautiful Mess
  • Start date
In summary, your post count is stuck at 4 because you haven't posted quality posts in a while, and you're not considered a high-quality member because of it.
Beautiful Mess
why is my post count stuck on 4 when I've posted at least 14? It is starting to bug me a little, just because i like to know how much i post, to tell when i need to lay off for awhile...:frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
It depends on the quality of the post, as decided by a mentor.

cyrusabdollahi said:
It depends on the quality of the post, as decided by a mentor.

That can have an effect too, but in this case it's because you only have 4 posts outside the General Discussion forum. I believe your post count only reflects posts in technical forums, not in the GD.

You just ruined a perfectly good lie. Thanks. :rolleyes:

It was the perfect way to keep the quality of posts high.

cyrusabdollahi said:
You just ruined a perfectly good lie.

Quiz Question -- What movie is that line from? :biggrin:

Beautiful Mess said:
why is my post count stuck on 4 when I've posted at least 14? It is starting to bug me a little, just because i like to know how much i post, to tell when i need to lay off for awhile...:frown:

Because no one likes your posts.

General Discussion doesn't count towards your postcount, but cleverly if you ask this in Feedback you'll get a count. Some sections are deemed too frivolous or unrelated to gain you a post I supose. That's why so many people double post instead of editing, it doesn't really matter. And why so many spam threads get in :smile: and stay in. I'm naming no names hear *ahuuum* sorry just clearing my throat.

x post, see what I mean :smile:

berkeman said:

Cassablanca?

berkeman said:

GOOD, you did pay attention. You got what I was thinking when I wrote that.

IM NOT FALLING FOR THE BANANA IN THE TAIL PIPE!

cyrusabdollahi said:
GOOD, you did pay attention. You got what I was thinking when I wrote that. IM NOT FALLING FOR THE BANANA IN THE TAIL PIPE!

Ah of course, Beverly Hills Cop. I've only seen it 4 times :smile: sorry.

Beautiful Mess said:
Unlike other forums where members are ranked by post count, post count doesn't give you status here at Physics Forums, instead we rank the quality and accuracy of posts along with a willingness to help others. People that meet this criteria are awarded positions such as "science advisor" and "homework helper" regardless of the number of posts they have made.

Evo said:
Unlike other forums where members are ranked by post count, post count doesn't give you status here at Physics Forums, instead we rank the quality and accuracy of posts along with a willingness to help others. People that meet this criteria are awarded positions such as "science advisor" and "homework helper" regardless of the number of posts they have made.

Or "engineering hero". Oh no wait, that isn't one at all. Hmmm...

brewnog said:
Or "engineering hero". Oh no wait, that isn't one at all. Hmmm...
And sometimes members that are supposed to get advisor ribbons are missed. :frown:

Evo said:
And sometimes members that are supposed to get advisor ribbons are missed. :frown:

Heh!

How about "technical uberlord" or "henchman of the realm"? Either would do just nicely. Ooh and make the ribbon pink please. Or orange. Yeaaahhhhh orange!

brewnog said:
Heh!

How about "technical uberlord" or "henchman of the realm"? Either would do just nicely. Ooh and make the ribbon pink please. Or orange. Yeaaahhhhh orange!

The ribbon is actually the most exciting part. There's something about it. :smile:

Yes, quality is important. As you can see, I have never posted anything useful here at PF. I rarely post outside of GD, and usually when I post in the homework section I am asking a question and somebody points out how trivial my question was and I move back to GD for a while :smile:

Evo said:

I genuinely think their should be a ribbon for smart alecky wise ass :wink: :smile:

radou said:
The ribbon is actually the most exciting part. There's something about it. :smile:

It's like a medal really, something tangible to recognise something. I'm not sure mine represents much, other than my respect for PF.:smile:

1. What causes the post count to get stuck at 14?

There could be a few reasons for this issue. One possibility is that there is a bug or glitch in the coding of the website that is preventing the post count from updating. Another possibility is that the server is experiencing technical difficulties that are preventing the post count from updating in real time.

2. How can I troubleshoot the issue?

The first step in troubleshooting this issue is to try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can often fix minor technical issues. If that does not work, you can try accessing the website from a different browser or device to see if the issue persists. Additionally, you can reach out to the website's technical support team for further assistance.

3. Is there a way to fix the post count on my own?

Depending on the cause of the issue, there may be some steps you can take to fix the post count on your own. For example, if the issue is related to your browser, clearing your cache and cookies may resolve it. However, if the issue is more complex, it is best to seek assistance from the website's technical support team.

4. Could this issue be related to my account?

It is possible that the issue is specific to your account, especially if you are the only one experiencing it. However, it is more likely that the issue is related to the website's coding or server. If you are unsure, you can try accessing the website from a different account or device to see if the issue persists.

5. How long does it typically take to fix the post count issue?

The time it takes to fix the post count issue can vary depending on the cause of the problem. If it is a simple technical issue, it may be resolved quickly. However, if the issue is more complex, it may take some time for the website's technical team to identify and fix the problem. In any case, it is best to reach out to the website's technical support for an estimated timeline.