Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Technology Comedy: Stick your finger in your ear and say hello!

1. Nov 7, 2003 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Truth is stranger than fiction!
    When I pictured the streets of New York, with tens of thousands of people walking around with their finger stuck in their ear...

You just can't make up stuff this good! In five years it will seem natural to stick your finger in your ear to answer the telephone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3246433.stm

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2003 #2
    Best hope the phone doesn’t ring while you're scratching a ‘delicate’ itch…

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2003
  4. Nov 7, 2003 #3
    nanoo, nanoo

Gotta love technology. I suppose a wristwatch digital video phone is less that a decade away. The really cool technology I'm intested in is the "wearable PC". They've already created a rudimentary one, that projects an image in front of the eye via "glasses" and holographic technology. The only problem was the capacity. I'm sure that's a small hurdle.

Imagine a wearable Pc coupled with wireless technology. Instant access to the internet anywhere, anytime without so much as lifting a finger- the wearable. PC is operated via voice commands. Star Trek fans will be in awe. the technology is here today.

5. Nov 7, 2003 #4

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

One thing coming [allegedly] is clothing that can tell if you are in distress; and then calls 911 and gives your GPS coordinates.

6. Nov 7, 2003 #5
    I’d like to market an accessory for those glasses; curb-feelers, to warn users when they are about to bump into someone or something.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?