Technology Comedy: Stick your finger in your ear and say hello!

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Truth is stranger than fiction!
When I pictured the streets of New York, with tens of thousands of people walking around with their finger stuck in their ear...

You just can't make up stuff this good! In five years it will seem natural to stick your finger in your ear to answer the telephone.

According to reports the Finger Whisper phone is answered by touching forefinger to thumb and then by putting the forefinger in the ear to hear who is ringing.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3246433.stm

BoulderHead

Best hope the phone doesn’t ring while you're scratching a ‘delicate’ itch…

Last edited by a moderator:
nanoo, nanoo

Gotta love technology. I suppose a wristwatch digital video phone is less that a decade away. The really cool technology I'm intested in is the "wearable PC". They've already created a rudimentary one, that projects an image in front of the eye via "glasses" and holographic technology. The only problem was the capacity. I'm sure that's a small hurdle.

Imagine a wearable Pc coupled with wireless technology. Instant access to the internet anywhere, anytime without so much as lifting a finger- the wearable. PC is operated via voice commands. Star Trek fans will be in awe. the technology is here today.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
One thing coming [allegedly] is clothing that can tell if you are in distress; and then calls 911 and gives your GPS coordinates.

BoulderHead

I’d like to market an accessory for those glasses; curb-feelers, to warn users when they are about to bump into someone or something.