Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Teens with superstar money

1. Jul 5, 2006 #1

DaveC426913

Gold Member

This is a serious query.:grumpy: and arguably dicey content. No, I'm not a pervert, just a man out-of-touch with a generation.

The teenaged and early-20s girls these days don't look like they did when I was a lad. A high percentage of girls these days seem to have extraordinary lucky genes - they all seem to have figures like superstars, specifically, they have narrow waists yet are well-endowed.

It is not uncommon for well-endowed breasts to go hand-in-hand with a proportionate weight, but it is (or at least was) quite rare for a pair of those to be sitting on top of a waist barely thick enough to support them. I know obsessive dieting is a factor, but that would actually reduce the breasts as much as - if not more than - the rest of the body. Either way, the waist and chest are naturally proportional. And yet there are so many disproportionately "stacked" girls these days, I have to assume they're being helped.

So, there are two ways to get enhanced: temporary or permanent.
    Temporary = push-up bra
    Permanent = surgery
    (Is there a 3rd option?)

My question is: for any given a girl of maybe 18 or as young as 15 or so who looks like this, what is the likelihood (say, as a %) that she has had breast enhancement? Just how many teens these days are getting surgery?

Alternately, has the science of push-up bras advanced that much?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2006 #2

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There's definitely a trend. From a 2004 article:

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/1861/context/cover/

4. Jul 5, 2006 #3

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Ok, well it's on the rise, but that's less than 4000 in the entire US in a year, that doesn't add up to much of a likelihood that any given person encountered in a mall is ... "packing".

Which would strongly suggest these are temporary.

5. Jul 5, 2006 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I would suspect that fashion that... makes someone look more physically attractive in that way is now far more common as i bet its to that point where its like "meh, being superficial is natural now-a-days".

6. Jul 5, 2006 #5
    You forgot water bras and just plain old stuff'n Dave.

7. Jul 5, 2006 #6

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Yes, this water bra thing. Is that new? Is that possibly the culprit?

8. Jul 5, 2006 #7
    I don't know much about it. It's a few years old. I first heard about it probably 7 to 8 years ago.

9. Jul 5, 2006 #8

Pengwuino

Gold Member

I've never heard of it either. I feel this must be researched thoroughly however.

10. Jul 5, 2006 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Drat! I typed up a reply about those and miracle bras before, and hit submit just as the forum went down for a while. :grumpy: Oh, and don't forget those gel insert things. Push-up bras are pretty puny compared to the miracle bras and water bras.

11. Jul 5, 2006 #10
    Evolution at its finest :rofl:

12. Jul 6, 2006 #11
    :rofl:
    You sure ???

All perverts are...

A high percentage ??? I don't know where you live but i think you are just very lucky.

Trust me, girls like that are still a minority although there number is rising.

I think that's is still very small fraction.

marlon

13. Jul 6, 2006 #12

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

I remember girls wearing Jordache/Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and polo shirts. That is nothing compared to the bare midrift, hoochy-momma outfits girls wear today. Sometimes I wonder if I would have made it through school if girls dressed like that when I was there.

It's funny you bring this up. I work out with a guy who has a 14 year old daughter. He was saying the same exact thing not too long ago.

14. Jul 6, 2006 #13

Pengwuino

Gold Member

What exactly would you consider "making it through school"?

15. Jul 6, 2006 #14
    Who's with me for uniform in American schools ? A school is not a fashion ramp you know . Let them wear what thay want and do what they like outside school.

Arun

16. Jul 6, 2006 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

yes it is, shut up. let me enjoy it while its not a crime.

17. Jul 6, 2006 #16

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

Blood pressure at normal levels.

18. Jul 6, 2006 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So THATS why my doctor was worried...

19. Jul 6, 2006 #18

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Well, it's sort of the norm, here in Toronto at least.

Maybe I should clarify. I'm not talking outrageously proportioned girls, I'm talking about what should be the top 1% of figures (Britney and Shakira and the like) is now commonplace (i.e. 50%+).

Again, I know that obsessive dieting and exercise can get a tiny waist, and I know that dressing carefully (low-rider jeans and tank tops) can enhance the effect, but the chests are just not right. You should not see large chests on tiny women, except for a very lucky few.

An enhancing bra can only do so much, especially consdering that they also wear very skimpy outfits, meaning there just isn't a lot of leeway* for artifical enhancement of the effect. (*glad I didn't say 'wiggle room').

Yet I would say better than 50% of the teens I see manage to pull this off.

Maybe what I should do is document it. I'll go out and take a bunch of pictures and get back to you.

(and that was the last time DaveC426913 was heard from...)

20. Jul 7, 2006 #19

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Dave, natural selection is finally working.

21. Jul 7, 2006 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Or God's gift to me? :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?