Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Telecomm to aerospace ?

1. Apr 26, 2012 #1
    Hi Folks,

I have completed a Bachelors Degree in telecommunications (VTU). I wish to pursue my interest in the field of aerospace. Can I do a MS in aerospace engineering ? What are my chances of getting into an aerospace program?
    I understand that I will have to give GRE and TOEFEL. What would be a good score for me to get into MS aerospace in universities like GATECH? Should I also give the PHYSICS subject test for GRE? Would that help present my resume better?

Thank you for your time.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2012 #2
    I don't know. You'll have to check the admissions sites / call the admissions offices for each individual school you are looking at. All will require your TOEFEL, most/all will require the GRE, some would prefer any subject tests as well.

The biggest thing, though, is that many/most engineering graduate programs require undergraduate degrees in engineering, math, or other hard sciences. This does not exclude you, but you will have to do a great deal of research into the schools.

I'd be inclined to say that GA Tech would not admit someone with a BS in telecomm. but I don't know. Talk to admissions, and if your scores are high enough, or if they offer you an interview with admissions/program personnel and you do well, they may well let you in. There are generally exceptions to schools' admission requirements.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook