Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Aerospace Telecomm to aerospace ?

1. Apr 26, 2012 #1
    Hi Folks,

I have completed a Bachelors Degree in telecommunications (VTU). I wish to pursue my interest in the field of aerospace. Can I do a MS in aerospace engineering ? What are my chances of getting into an aerospace program?
    I understand that I will have to give GRE and TOEFEL. What would be a good score for me to get into MS aerospace in universities like GATECH? Should I also give the PHYSICS subject test for GRE? Would that help present my resume better?

Thank you for your time.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2012 #2
    I don't know. You'll have to check the admissions sites / call the admissions offices for each individual school you are looking at. All will require your TOEFEL, most/all will require the GRE, some would prefer any subject tests as well.

The biggest thing, though, is that many/most engineering graduate programs require undergraduate degrees in engineering, math, or other hard sciences. This does not exclude you, but you will have to do a great deal of research into the schools.

I'd be inclined to say that GA Tech would not admit someone with a BS in telecomm. but I don't know. Talk to admissions, and if your scores are high enough, or if they offer you an interview with admissions/program personnel and you do well, they may well let you in. There are generally exceptions to schools' admission requirements.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook