Is Telekinesis Real or Just a Myth?

• Thread starter einsteinian77
  • Start date
In summary: The second means that you are not applying any laws.The James Randi Educational Foundation is willing to offer the first person US$1,000,000 if they can demonstrate any feat of the supernatural (i.e. dowsing, telekinesis, telepathy, anything of the sort...). Australian Skeptics offer AU$100,000. In fact, the combined offers skeptical organizations around the world yield a combined US$2,326,500. What a way to get rich quick!In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of telekinesis and the reasons why it is not considered a real phenomenon. The conversation also mentions different examples of supposed telekinetic abilities and how they can
The natural laws, firstly, are just that - natural. We have no control over them, and limited understanding of them. Why could they not change? The universe is far from coherent, and if memory serves me, the scientific community is -still- trying to validate the 'big bang' theory - one that remains unproven. Fundamental 'laws' are changed every day in order to have this idea or that theory work. That is the process of science, and the scientific community would do well to remember it's past and it's fallibility.

Telekinesis is not possible.

1. There are no mechanisms in the human body that allow for controlling of objects with the human "mind". - Incorrect. The abnomoly know as 'crop circles' has been attributed to sound, of incredibly high pitch - which by rights should incinerate the plants, yet all it does is create a couple of tiny little holes to let the evaporated water out of the (now bent and elongated) stems. There is no such mechanism that science has yet determined to account for this. The cellular structure of the soil below these warped plants is changed - something that takes thousands of years and incredible pressure - still no mechanism described by science. Why is that? Oh yeah, that's right, we don't know everything.

2. Quite a few Laws of Physics (i.e. Thermodynamics and Laws of Motion) will be violated (keep in mind that "forces" are not a substance). - The laws of physics are only employed when it is to science's advantage. Consider the Creation of the universe. How can an effect manifest without a cause? So too the vibration of every tiny piece of matter in existence. What is the cause to the effect? Again the incompetency of our explanations of the working universe is made clear.

3. All instances of supposed telekinesis always have natural mundane causes (i.e. They are not telekinesis). Example of "telekinesis": In 1974, members of the Toronto Society for Psychical Research decided to 'create' a ghost. 'Philip' they named him, and gave him a history, image and filled in the gaps. Much to their delight, 'Philip' began to manifest as various phenomena associated with Telekinisis/Poltergeist activity. This was recorded on tape, on television, and in the prescence of 'orthodox' testers and large crowds. 'Philip's' behaviour changed depending on those 'calling' him. For example, when a non smoker was in the group, 'Philip' became agitated and aggressive if someone smoked.

It's all very easy to say 'there is no evidence' of such-and-such an anomoly, but ask yourself this - have you looked?

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's the main problem

- 'Believers' refuse to allow scientific theory to be applied to their ideas, which they see as something of a secret trust. No matter what experiment we do, the context and motivation are critical in analysis, and the simple fact of the matter is, many 'psychics' (I can't be bothered coming up with an elegant, scientific psuedonym) simply don't want to be proven correct, and many others are badgered so incessantly by the scientificcommunity that it can screw with their focus, thus throwing out of whack everything they try and achieve. All "Psi Factor" anomolies are dependent on the subjcts state of conciousness, and interference with that is paramount in distorting correct results.

Secondly, the Scientific community is determined to refuse even the possibility of a force that we are yet incapable of measuring or understanding completely, despite the fact that we ARE STANDING IN A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF IMPOSSIBILITY, OUR OWN UNIVERSE.
A scientific analysis will in no way differentiate between 'standard' and 'gourmet' food. The difference can mean volumes to the refined palate, (and the bill) and yet the analytical aspect can in no way define between the two. Welcome to our world. Instead of trying to reduce it to mere numbers, how about living it, and let your palate become learned...

You might want to reconcider not believing because telekinesis is indeed real i can do it a little so can my friend but he was born with the ability already knowing how to do it.I had to learn how to do it but i asure you Telekinesis is real.Believe what you want but i assure you it is real. People have done this.I didnt believe it at first until i tried doing it for 2 months when i was about to give up i tried it one last time and to my surprise it moved.So do not doubt physics because telekinesis isn't denying physics it is just matter of mind gravity is still acting on the object but the gravity is not strong enough to defy the minds powers.

Last edited:
Michaelpol said:
You might want to reconcider not believing because telekinesis is indeed real i can do it a little so can my friend but he was born with the ability already knowing how to do it.I had to learn how to do it but i asure you Telekinesis is real.Believe what you want but i assure you it is real. People have done this.I didnt believe it at first until i tried doing it for 2 months when i was about to give up i tried it one last time and to my surprise it moved.So do not doubt physics because telekinesis isn't denying physics it is just matter of mind gravity is still acting on the object but the gravity is not strong enough to defy the minds powers.

What is it that you do?

Plus you haven't tried this.it takes time to learn TK so don't doubt the powers of the mind.

I can move paper clips and move small objects around the table

Michaelpol said:
I can move paper clips and move small objects around the table

Can you do this in front of other people?

Infact i can

Do not doubt the minds powers i mean if its smart enough to learn can't it learn other things

RE: "Sound is a force, it travels as waves, and can be heard from all drirections by your ears, because they are rigged to decode the information. However telekenetic waves may not yet have a way of being interpreted."

But if they exist they would be detectable. After all, those that claim telekenesis exists discuss examples where material objects are moved. Any force that can move an object of appreciable mass can be detected. If you can bend a spoon, you can bend a gauge needle. And so you could not only demonstrate the effect, you could measure it. And you could replicate it.

But all attempts have failed. No evidence exists that telekensis exists, and there is no good reason to believe that it exists. So why believe in its existence? Why even entertain the notion?

Let me give you an example: Suppose I claimed that I could take a ball bearing and crush it to the size of an atom. I put a ball bearing in my palm, close my fist, and open it to show an empty palm. I explain my ability in tems of supernatural forces that have yet to be discovered. Suppose I demonstrate this effect to passerbys on a street corner. When asked by people to demonstrate the effect under close scrutiny, I am unable. On one occasion a passerby catches me sliding the ball bearing up my shirt sleeve (remember that Uri Geller was caught using sleight-of-hand as well.)

Should people entertain the notion that I have this power?

There isn't a lick of difference between my supposed power and telekenesis. Both make no reasonable sense. Both have plenty of anecdotal evidence, but no scientific evidence, to support them.

The conclusion is simple: Telekenesis doesn't exist except as a magic trick.

Michaelpol said:
Infact i can

So you are the living proof of telekinesis; how about that.

Why don't we see you on TV?

Telekinetics are not freaks to be seen on tv like clowns in a circus. We are not some magic act. As i said before do not doubt powers of the mind. The mind is the ultimate tool. you have a conscious and a sub conscious the sub conscious is the one that does telekinesis. By telekinesis you can learn to control your sub conscious plus If one gets nervous doing this your sub conscious will not be able to be controlled. I am no freak. I am a born human and i learned Telekinesis by training.

JohnDubYa said:
RE: "Sound is a force, it travels as waves, and can be heard from all drirections by your ears, because they are rigged to decode the information. However telekenetic waves may not yet have a way of being interpreted."

But if they exist they would be detectable. After all, those that claim telekenesis exists discuss examples where material objects are moved. Any force that can move an object of appreciable mass can be detected. If you can bend a spoon, you can bend a gauge needle. And so you could not only demonstrate the effect, you could measure it. And you could replicate it.

But all attempts have failed. No evidence exists that telekensis exists, and there is no good reason to believe that it exists. So why believe in its existence? Why even entertain the notion?

Let me give you an example: Suppose I claimed that I could take a ball bearing and crush it to the size of an atom. I put a ball bearing in my palm, close my fist, and open it to show an empty palm. I explain my ability in tems of supernatural forces that have yet to be discovered. Suppose I demonstrate this effect to passerbys on a street corner. When asked by people to demonstrate the effect under close scrutiny, I am unable. On one occasion a passerby catches me sliding the ball bearing up my shirt sleeve (remember that Uri Geller was caught using sleight-of-hand as well.)

Should people entertain the notion that I have this power?

There isn't a lick of difference between my supposed power and telekenesis. Both make no reasonable sense. Both have plenty of anecdotal evidence, but no scientific evidence, to support them.

The conclusion is simple: Telekenesis doesn't exist except as a magic trick.

How would you know this have you spent 10 years trying it? I didnt think so . Dont go and doubt anything you have not tried.

Crushing a ball is not Telekinesis. Making someone sick is not Telekinesis. Einstein explained it could be done by strong minds that believe in it. This is a known fact.

Can you give a citation for this Einstein claim?

or evidence for any of these claims?

No.

Ah man. This is hilarious.

And Michaelpol, going on television and showing off your 'ability' would not make you a freak; you'd probably be admired with teens everywhere trying to imitate you. That is, if you weren't trying to pull anything over on anyone.

I would never fake anything. That would be dishonest. I do believe you haven't even tried this so how would you people know this is fake. On Psipog people learn to and can acually do this. I will not argue. Believe what you want. Dont believe me if you don't want too. Just try this for 1 year. If you get results don't go asking me how to develope furthur.

Ivan your saying TK doesn't exist and yet you have an alien avatar. So i guess james brown was white. and einstein was black. DO NOT QUESTION ANYTHING YOU HAVE NOT TRIED.

Michaelpol said:
Ivan your saying TK doesn't exist and yet you have an alien avatar. So i guess james brown was white. and einstein was black. DO NOT QUESTION ANYTHING YOU HAVE NOT TRIED.

What does an avatar have to do with with TK? If I use a picture of a lion does that make me a Mary Poppins?

How do you know what I have or have not tried? Why do you make rash assumptions without any information? Is this the logic that we should trust as your proof?

Last edited:
What do you know you've never atempted telekinesis 200,000 times