Is Telepathy Real? Exploring the Possibilities and Controversies

• Thread starter VictorHedman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Works
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of telepathy and whether it is possible for it to work over a distance of a few kilometers. The person asking the question cannot find any documented evidence of telepathy in existing individuals, but mentions Vinko Rajic and Uri Geller who claim to use telepathy. The conversation also touches on the lack of research and the possibility of some individuals with schizophrenia receiving thoughts from others. The moderators of the forum explain that they only discuss mainstream science and ask for a reference to support the discussion.
VictorHedman
I am Neurology student , today I get email from one person that can use telepathy.
Is it possible that telepathy works on the distance of few kilometer?
I can not find any document on any existing person today that can use telepathy
but I found Vinko Rajic and Uri Geller and they are talking that they can use telepathy.
Why they do not make research on it? Many Schizophrenic are coming with similar story.
Can it be that some Schizophrenics are just receiving from some other head?

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi VectorHedman, welcome to PF.

This site is for discussing mainstream science, not fringe ideas. Do you have any mainstream scientific reference documenting telepathy? If so then we can discuss that reference, but we cannot engage in unfounded speculation.

If you simply want to speculate then there are many other forums that would be more suitable.

Well to be fair, he wasn't asking for speculation, he was asking for facts (i.e. are there papers? is there research?).

I suppose someone will be able to answer this clearly and with sources.

Yes, which is why I explained the restrictions and asked for a reference rather than reporting the post. If there is some mainstream reference then we can discuss it further, but otherwise we cannot.

If this guy really used telepathy, why did he send you an e-mail?

Likes gracy
It doesn't.

1. How does telepathy work?

Telepathy is the ability to communicate with another person using only the mind, without any physical means of communication. It is believed to be a form of extrasensory perception (ESP) and works by sending and receiving thoughts, emotions, or images through the subconscious mind.

2. Is telepathy real?

The existence of telepathy is a subject of much debate and controversy in the scientific community. While some studies have shown evidence of telepathic abilities, others have found no conclusive proof. More research is needed to fully understand the phenomenon.

3. Can anyone learn to use telepathy?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that telepathy can be learned or acquired. Some people may have a natural inclination towards telepathic abilities, while others may not have any at all. However, there are various techniques and exercises that claim to enhance telepathic abilities, but their effectiveness is not proven.

4. How does telepathy differ from mind reading?

Telepathy and mind reading are often used interchangeably, but they are not the same thing. Telepathy involves the transfer of thoughts or emotions between two individuals, while mind reading is the ability to read someone's thoughts without their consent. Telepathy is believed to be a two-way communication, while mind reading is a one-way process.

5. Can telepathy be used for communication with animals or plants?

There is no scientific evidence to suggest that telepathy can be used to communicate with animals or plants. However, some people claim to have had telepathic experiences with their pets or plants, but these experiences cannot be scientifically verified.