Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Telepathy - how it works?

1. Aug 12, 2011 #1
    I am Neurology student , today I get email from one person that can use telepathy.
    Is it possible that telepathy works on the distance of few kilometer?
    I can not find any document on any existing person today that can use telepathy
    but I found Vinko Rajic and Uri Geller and they are talking that they can use telepathy.
    Why they do not make research on it? Many Schizophrenic are coming with similar story.
    Can it be that some Schizophrenics are just receiving from some other head?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2011 #2

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Hi VectorHedman, welcome to PF.

This site is for discussing mainstream science, not fringe ideas. Do you have any mainstream scientific reference documenting telepathy? If so then we can discuss that reference, but we cannot engage in unfounded speculation.

If you simply want to speculate then there are many other forums that would be more suitable.

4. Aug 12, 2011 #3
    Well to be fair, he wasn't asking for speculation, he was asking for facts (i.e. are there papers? is there research?).

I suppose someone will be able to answer this clearly and with sources.

5. Aug 12, 2011 #4

Dale

Staff: Mentor

Yes, which is why I explained the restrictions and asked for a reference rather than reporting the post. If there is some mainstream reference then we can discuss it further, but otherwise we cannot.

6. Aug 12, 2011 #5

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

If this guy really used telepathy, why did he send you an e-mail?

7. Aug 12, 2011 #6
    It doesn't.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook