Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Telephone solicitations

1. Sep 12, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How to leave a solicitation person speechless.

The folks from OSU called yesterday asking for our yearly or semi-yearly donation. Normally I send some money for the SPS and/or the physics department, so when they call, they know by our history that we will probably donate. But when they called yesterday, I responded by saying that we couldn't donate this year because all of our money [for contributions] is going to Obama. OH! That's great! oh... but couldn't you... do you think... [long pause]... Then she started her sales pitch from the start again, :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2008 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

Any suggestions for the automatic dialers that show up as "out of area" on caller ID? I think it's the same one every day, and they leave a partial voicemail message every day. Since I don't have a name or number, I can't report them to the do not call registry people, and since it's an automatic dialer, there's no person I can tell to go shove it! :grumpy:

4. Sep 13, 2008 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe if you answer you can get a company name.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?