1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Telephone solicitations

1. Sep 12, 2008 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How to leave a solicitation person speechless.

The folks from OSU called yesterday asking for our yearly or semi-yearly donation. Normally I send some money for the SPS and/or the physics department, so when they call, they know by our history that we will probably donate. But when they called yesterday, I responded by saying that we couldn't donate this year because all of our money [for contributions] is going to Obama. OH! That's great! oh... but couldn't you... do you think... [long pause]... Then she started her sales pitch from the start again, :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2008 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:rofl:

Any suggestions for the automatic dialers that show up as "out of area" on caller ID? I think it's the same one every day, and they leave a partial voicemail message every day. Since I don't have a name or number, I can't report them to the do not call registry people, and since it's an automatic dialer, there's no person I can tell to go shove it! :grumpy:

4. Sep 13, 2008 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Maybe if you answer you can get a company name.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?