1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Telephone Towers

1. May 11, 2005 #1
    so we took a drive up into the mountains about 2 hours from pittsburgh, ligoner area, anyway at the top of the mountain there was 2 towers for long distance telephone transmission and the driveway said at&t so we went down the driveway and drove up to the area where the towers were. the place was deserted and kind of creepy and on the fence there was a radiation warning due to high frequency transmission. is this harmful? or is there anywhere i could find more info on these towers?

2. jcsd
  3. May 11, 2005 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Did it look anything like THIS? Assuming it was operational (looks like those things are being shut down), its only really harmful if you're there for a long time. I was in the navy and I'd stand next to that sign at my lookout post several times a day for a five months. I haven't yet had a chance to test my fertility, but I'm not worried...

4. May 12, 2005 #3
    why yes in fact it did but there were 2 towers and those polyhedron looking thingys were bigger

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?