Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Teleportation & EPR

1. Nov 24, 2007 #1
    Hi everybody,

I'm trying to study the topic of teleportation, and thus want to understand the EPR paradox.
    could you reffer me to some readings?
    (I have only basic background with quantum mechanics, so I would appreciate some basic explanations on reality, locallity, the paradox itself, etc.)

if you have some nice observations that I can learn from, you are of course very very welcomed to post them here too.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 24, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

What reason do you have to think that EPR has anything to do with teleportation?
  4. Nov 24, 2007 #3
    Googling 'Quantum Teleportation' will bring up lots of articles on the subject. If you're looking for a book then you might find David Darling's Teleportation: The impossible leap of interest (link is to my review of the book)
  5. Nov 24, 2007 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I know that quantum tunneling is, in a sense, a type of "teleportation" but my question still is, what does that have to do with EPR?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?