Telescope in range of £100-£250

In summary, choosing the right telescope in the £100-£250 price range requires considering factors such as type, aperture, and additional features. Refracting telescopes use lenses, while reflecting telescopes use mirrors. Both can view planets and deep-sky objects, but the quality depends on the aperture and quality of the telescope. Additional accessories such as a Barlow lens, moon filter, and tripod can enhance the viewing experience, but are not necessary. To maintain and care for your telescope, regularly clean it, store it properly, and cover it when not in use.
nickthrop101
Can anyone guve any idea of a good model telescope to get?
I've had previous telescopees, but I am now lookign for something that is as good as you can get from the range of £100-£250.
Thanks Guys :-)

Astronomy news on Phys.org

Some nice Newtonians in that price range. I would check out ebay.

1. How do I choose the right telescope in this price range?

Choosing the right telescope in the £100-£250 price range depends on your specific needs and preferences. Consider factors such as the type of telescope (refractor, reflector, or compound), the aperture (diameter of the lens or mirror), and any additional features you may want, such as computerized tracking. Reading reviews and consulting with experienced astronomers can also help you make an informed decision.

2. What is the difference between a refracting and reflecting telescope?

A refracting telescope uses lenses to gather and focus light, while a reflecting telescope uses mirrors. Refracting telescopes tend to be more compact and have less light-gathering ability, while reflecting telescopes can have larger apertures and are better suited for viewing faint objects in the night sky.

3. Can I view planets and deep-sky objects with a telescope in this price range?

Yes, you can view both planets and deep-sky objects with a telescope in the £100-£250 price range. However, the quality of your views will depend on the aperture and quality of the telescope. A larger aperture will allow for better views of faint objects, while a higher quality telescope will provide clearer images.

4. Do I need any additional accessories for my telescope?

Some telescopes in this price range may come with basic accessories such as eyepieces and finderscopes. However, you may want to invest in additional accessories such as a Barlow lens (to increase magnification), a moon filter (to reduce glare), or a tripod (for stability). These can enhance your viewing experience, but are not necessary to use the telescope.

5. How do I maintain and care for my telescope?

To ensure the longevity of your telescope, it is important to properly maintain and care for it. This includes regularly cleaning the lenses or mirrors, storing the telescope in a dry and dust-free environment, and avoiding extreme temperatures. It is also recommended to cover the telescope when not in use to protect it from dust and debris.