Stunning Telescope Photo of Vega Captured with 130mm Eyepiece - See the Beauty!

In summary, Dave used a DSLR with a 14mm focal length and a wide angle lens to take an image of Jupiter.
sophiecentaur said:
bruha said:
Hello,
yesterday I made some pics of moon by webcam scope adapter (attached) -I think one problem is moon movement (webcam imaging has just one magnification) and not so good resolution of webcam viewer.. If you have some experiences with this technique I will appreciate...
I have no experience of smart phone imaging but my comments apply in general.
Those pictures are taken with a webcam, no lens on the webcam or eyepiece, and not touching the scope, right?

Yes, controlling magnification in that situation is difficult and the moon is big. You might try Saturn...

For the moon, you would probably want a focal reducer you can screw onto the adapter, which can cut the magnification by half. Next step: stacking...
http://www.astronomie.be/registax/

You can also try taking different sections of the moon and assembling a mosaic. Here's an early attempt of mine at a 2x3 mosaic, with a webcam;

http://www.russsscope.net/images/moon-12-29-06.jpg

Likes sophiecentaur
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Hi
thank you for advise and links... I will try (unfortunately Saturn at this time from my position is quite difficult to catch)..

russ_watters said:
Here's an early attempt of mine at a 2x3 mosaic, with a webcam;
That's nice. I bet you were quite pleased with it. And the money you saved by not buying a sensor with six times the area!

Likes russ_watters